Roy Firestone

whats the worst thing about the Yankees?

New Slogan - Yankees - Our Championships are soooo last century.

Everytime their fans take over The Yard with one of their name calling chants with clapping, add in "O-ver-rate-d." As in

"Der-ek Je-ter clap, clap, clapclap, clap

O-ver-rate-d clap, clap, clapclap, clap"

For me, its their fans and how they conduct themselves when visiting Baltimore.

There's nothing like enjoying a meal or having a beer at a bar with friends after a game, or maybe going to a comedy club, and seeing a group of Yankee fans who then start their "lets go Yank-ees!" clap, clap, clap clap, clap, right smack in the middle of the establishment. Or them doing the same thing as they walk down Pratt street to the inner harbor after the game.

It's bad enough that they're the winningest franchise in history and we haven't done squat for the most part for the past 25 years, but do they have to rub our noses in it? Can't they enjoy a beer, a meal or a show and just shut the f'up and act like civilized people? And of course the O's fans just sit there and take it, similar to our product on the field.

The Red Sox fans are worse in my opinion. They win one world series and act like they cured cancer. At least the MFY's have a reason to be cocky. Heck, the Sox have more bandwagon fans than anyone as it seems like a bunch of young women and tech dweebs woke up and said "who's the trendy team to root for that ISN'T the Yankees? Oh, I know, I'll root for the Red Sox, the anti Yankees."

From Art McDonald's This Date In New York Yankee Hating:

April 22, 1903: In their first game, the Yankees lost 3-1 to the Senators. Washington would win only eighty more games over the next two seasons.

Actually, I kinda like yesterday's better:

April 21, 1981: Steinbrenner ordered fifty thousand copies of the Yankees' yearbook to be pulled from sale. He did not like his picture. Did he really think there could be an attractive picture of himself?

There you go, a bit of affirmation before today's baseball action. Cheers.

From Art McDonald's This Date In New York Yankee Hating:

Actually' date=' I kinda like yesterday's better:

There you go, a bit of affirmation before today's baseball action. Cheers.[/quote']

Haha, wow thats good stuff! Where, if I may ask, did you find all of that!

My hatred and resentment of the Yankees goes back 45 years..

You had me at "hello"... ;)

For me, it is simply Yankees fans, period, who completely refuse to admit that there is an obvious imbalance in the way the Yankees can compete in MLB.

1. Jacked up ticket prices at Yankees Stadium and an obscene revenue stream from cable TV and radio in the NY metro area

2. Ability to offer outrageous contracts to any player

3. Ability to make mistakes on those contracts, because they are willing to eat them if the player doesn't deliver

4. Ability to absorb top players going on the DL, because they have all-stars (past and present) at every position.

The Yankees are the evil empire

The fact that a guy wins the MVP and still gets booed. And he might go down as one of the geatest players ever.

They have a 200 million dollar payroll, and still have some guy named Chase Wright pitching

While, at this point I hate the Red Sox a lot more, my disdain for Yankees fans was cemented by a trip I took a couple weeks ago to see them play the O's at Yankee Stadium. Half the "fans" came in after the third inning and then left before the eighth... and they were only down by two runs! When they were losing, I could barely find a fan who was even paying attention. They couldn't just sit still and watch the game, we had to stand up every 30 seconds to let another few people out to get more food or beer or to go pee. Watch the damn game!

Well Im prolly gonna get like a thousand posts in this thread. Im gonna keep coming back.

The fact that said player will get booed and still want to play for them.

Everyone wants to play for the Yankees

New Slogan - Yankees - Our Championships are soooo last century.

Everytime their fans take over The Yard with one of their name calling chants with clapping, add in "O-ver-rate-d." As in

"Der-ek Je-ter clap, clap, clapclap, clap

O-ver-rate-d clap, clap, clapclap, clap"

That actuallys IS what my friends and I counter with everytime. It lends itself well to chanting AND it's true!

My hatred and resentment of the Yankees goes back 45 years..before free agency and greed and that haughty attitude and those stupid reminders of how many championships theyve won(mostly by spending twice what others have spent). Before Jon Sterling and his over the top"the Yankees win...thhhhhhhhhhe Yankees win" call..which may be the lamest call in sports(and Jon's a good guy). Before Reggie and Catfish. I hated the Horace Clark Yankees too. I knew and liked Mickey Mantle..and guys like Don Mattingly and Bernie Williams and Joe Torre are great guys..but I still hated their team...I guess in view of the developments in recent days..'Die Yankee Scum' is inappropriate..Im no Don Imus. But I need some new hate the Yankees rallying cry...I need your help fans. Also, what is the worst thing about the Yankees? Is it the fans and their "standing ovations" for strike 3 thing..or Jeter always finding a way to start something..or A-rod blowing kisses...All those guys by the way..have been great to me...

I want to know..and I need a new hate the Yankees slogan! Help me out.When they get Clemens...and they will..I hope they are 15 games out..fat chance...but I can dream...

Remember..a Yankee loss..is like half an Oriole win in my heart!!!!

I actually liked the Horace Clark Yankees. Tom Tresh? Andy Kosco? Yeah, they were a blue collar team in those CBS-owned days. The team was really bad but that made them ALMOST ok. Almost! ;)

I always loved the stadium. Too bad it's in the freakin' Bronx!!

When I was a kid, you knew when the Yankees were playing because Phil Rizzuto voice was very distinctive and their games could be found all over the radio in upstate NY.

George has really ruined them. It has made alot of my NYC friends Met fans and that's a good thing IMHO.