Woody Held

Season Ticket renewals??

Lets assume that attendance holds firm this year. Do you know what the total gate was for 2015? I'm curious how much the 20% increase would net for the O's?

Roughly $12 mm.

By the way, for all the posters who always question why we care about how much the Orioles pay in salaries and say "it's not my money" -- guess what, it is your money. At least, some of it is.

My email wound up in my spam folder. So if you haven't gotten your email, check your spam folder. I retrieved it from my spam folder and decided that I'm renewing my 29 game plan. I love going to baseball games. I tried to use the software, but something went wrong. Fortunately, when I called up my ticket agent, he was there and available. He helped me get through the process. Haven't yet gotten my email receipt, but my bank account has been charged.

I look forward to baseball again! :smile11::clap:

Prices for the season ticket plans are posted on the Orioles website, summary is here:

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/downloads/y2016/pricing.pdf

Holy smokes have ticket prices gone up. About 26% across the board. Last year, the cheapest 29-game plan was $392, this year is $494. Last year, the cheapest 13-game plan was $160, this year is $203.

Here is my thinking on the decision to buy a 29-game plan vs. 13-game plan, I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts.

The delta between 29 game plan vs. cheapest 13-game plan is appreciably higher this year, $291 vs. $232. Benefit of a 29-game plan, assuming I trade in the remainder of my tickets for vouchers like I did last year, seems to be

1. a guaranteed Opening Day ticket

2. opportunity to purchase an additional Opening Day ticket before the 13-game plan holders (if they keep the same priority system). If these were re-sold on the secondary market, maybe net $150 per ticket?

3. priority access to postseason tickets

#1 and #2, if you assume $150 net on #2, this brings the delta down to ~ $141. So you are paying ~ $141 for priority access to postseason tickets, which perhaps you could also accomplish get by upgrading for next year in September, should the season go our way.

I didn't feel like access to a personal ticket representative had any value last year, so I didn't include that benefit above.

I get a 13 game plan lower box, section 44. Absolutely love my seat. I was shocked at the increase, but I love baseball and the O's and the reason for the increase is they actual signed some people this year. When it comes to our ticket prices I always tell my story of how my lower box tickets is the same price as a 3rd tier seat at the new Yankee stadium

I noticed something today... I'm not sure ticket prices went up because the games are more expensive than last year. I think it's just because there are more expensive games per the tiers.

This year there are only 33 Classic games, but 23/13/5 between prime, select and elite. Last year, the classic games made up more than 60 of the games.. I think 66.

So I think we won't see that much of an increase pre game, just more games in the top tiers. That would explain the huge 20%+ increased we are seeing.

I noticed something today... I'm not sure ticket prices went up because the games are more expensive than last year. I think it's just because there are more expensive games per the tiers.

This year there are only 33 Classic games, but 23/13/5 between prime, select and elite. Last year, the classic games made up more than 60 of the games.. I think 66.

So I think we won't see that much of an increase pre game, just more games in the top tiers. That would explain the huge 20%+ increased we are seeing.

Tickets went up from $3.00 to $7.00 per game depending on where you seat.Plus with I guess less classic games makes the increase even worse .I will have to look at how many classic games as opposed to last year