Sign in to follow this  
Redskins Rick

Lets hear it for Ovechkin and the Caps

Best team in the NHL, by far.

Ovechkin is on fire, got his 500th career goal.

Holtby is on fire between the pipes.

I know, most of us, have seen them play well before, only to falter in the playoffs.

Just something about this team, this team is looking better than any previous team here.

Stanley cup winners are whichever team has the hottest goaltender in the playoffs, and with Holtby, there is several optimism for a strong Stanley cup push.

Best team in the NHL, by far.

Ovechkin is on fire, got his 500th career goal.

Holtby is on fire between the pipes.

I know, most of us, have seen them play well before, only to falter in the playoffs.

Just something about this team, this team is looking better than any previous team here.

Stanley cup winners are whichever team has the hottest goaltender in the playoffs, and with Holtby, there is several optimism for a strong Stanley cup push.

I've been burned so many times that its hard to be positive about good Caps teams.

I've been burned so many times that its hard to be positive about good Caps teams.

But whats the alternative, watching last place teams struggle to even play in the regular season?

Best Caps team I've ever seen. I'm pretty confident they won't lose in the first round this year and probably make it past the second, but very possible they will choke in the conference finals because again, they are the Caps.

I don't think I'd be too upset if they lost in the Stanley cup finals though. It would be a huge improvement if they didn't massively choke on the way there.

This is an excellent all-around team that plays good defense, has an excellent goalie and a powerful, well-rounded offense that is not overly dependent on Alex Ovechkin, though he remains a force to be reckoned with. It's certainly the best constructed team they've ever had, and if they can't win it all this year I'll have to wonder if they ever will. But those issues are three months away. Until then, keep everyone healthy.

This is an excellent all-around team that plays good defense, has an excellent goalie and a powerful, well-rounded offense that is not overly dependent on Alex Ovechkin, though he remains a force to be reckoned with. It's certainly the best constructed team they've ever had, and if they can't win it all this year I'll have to wonder if they ever will. But those issues are three months away. Until then, keep everyone healthy.

League rankings:

Goals for - 1st

Goals against - 1st

PP% - 1st

Penalty kill % - 5th

Yep, this is not your "score moar goals" Caps.

Having Williams, Richards, and hopefully Orpik for the playoffs would be huge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Ovechkin missing the ASG, is the right thing to do, and sends a message to the fan base, how serious they are taking this Stanley cup goal.

Come May/June we shall see how they do

The Caps clinched the best record in the NHL tonight.    Great accomplishment, but this year they need to back it up with a Stanley Cup.  

The Caps seem to have their hands full with Toronto, a younger, faster team with yet another hot goalie.  The Leafs don't seam phased by the Capitals star powered team.  We'll see how they do in Toronto, but so far the Capitals have not adjusted.  Reminds me of the Monteal series a few years back the last time the Caps won the President's trophy.