TonySoprano

Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

I am highly confident that we will try to win while we have Adam and Manny.

Its probably wrong to say this, but I wonder about Peter's age and wanting to see a championship.

Wow. Glad to have CD back. Now nobody can accuse Angelo's of being cheap for the next 7 years. Stupid perhaps bit not cheap. Being a leftypower hitter CD is the best immediate fit. With Trumbo at DH we have a killer lineup no matter who we get for RF. Don't like the dollars but if Abgelis is willing to pay its better Chris than nobody. Still concerned about the pitching but I guess Toronto is a precedent.

I love Chris Davis but this is foolish. I'd much rather have Cespedes.

My sentiments exactly. This will be a deal the O's will be regretting in 3 years.

My sentiments exactly. This will be a deal the O's will be regretting in 3 years.

The thing is we could be regretting it in June. There's no guarantee Chris can replicate last year. It could be two years ago all over again.

• Upvote 1

Guess we'll have more players out of position

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trumbo to DH. What's the problem? Kim in LF, Rickard, Reimold, Alvarez in RF. No worries about how Cespedes will handle RF.

BOTH Alex Gordon AND Scott Kazmir could have been signed for the same amount of money and half the time commitment as Davis. I hope everyone brands this fact into their memory cells. Exhibit A as to why this was a bad deal.

• Upvote 1

BOTH Alex Gordon AND Scott Kazmir could have been signed for the same amount of money and half the time commitment as Davis. I hope everyone brands this fact into their memory cells. Exhibit A as to why this was a bad deal.

Much higher AAV for those two, something like $34m per for the first 3 years. Plus, I will bet Davis' deal has a lot of deferred money.

You don't think Gordon took a little less to stay home? Also Kazmir wanted to stay out west. It's not always so cut and dry.

You don't think Gordon took a little less to stay home? Also Kazmir wanted to stay out west. It's not always so cut and dry.

I'm factoring that in. 90 mil for Gordon + 60 mil for Kazmir = STILL LESS MONEY THAN WE GAVE DAVIS

There are many folks that agree with you. Surprisingly, Mr. Angelos felt differently about his investments.

I was wrong about Peter and Davis. Angelos gave him an extra $1M/year. I hope I'm not wrong when I believe Angelos will do the same with Machado, another huge fan favorite.

Then please just leave. No one wants to hear your whining. You have made it clear you don't like the signing. Repeatedly. You obviously don't have a clue what is happening in the Warehouse like everyone else here save Weams. Change your user name to UsetobeaFan and find some other team then.

I, too, would probably have preferred Cespedes or Upton, Alvarez for DH and a decent pitcher but will see what this signing means going forward regarding other moves.

Ooh, other moves, the suspense is killing me! Which third-rate SP will we sign? Fister is probably too expensive now. Maybe Jamie Moyer can dust off his old glove and go to spring training.
  • Upvote 3

Someone posted a few days ago (it might've been vatech or Frobby) that Boras is a master at playing off the sentiments of owners. That appears to be exactly what he did here to Angelos. He got Angelos to bid well more than anyone else was offering (as far as we know) by taking advantage of Angelos' personal fondness for Davis.

Sigh. Boras wins again. And he also got 5/$70 for Ian Kennedy from the Royals somehow.

This has to be humbling for the genius on this site who said he'd come crawling back to the O's at much less than the original offer. Some people were predicting hed only get 100 million!!!

Then please just leave. No one wants to hear your whining. You have made it clear you don't like the signing. Repeatedly. You obviously don't have a clue what is happening in the Warehouse like everyone else here save Weams. Change your user name to UsetobeaFan and find some other team then.

I, too, would probably have preferred Cespedes or Upton, Alvarez for DH and a decent pitcher but will see what this signing means going forward regarding other moves.

More Kool-Aid? They're serving up lots of it at the Warehouse today, I hear.