ArtVanDelay

vs. Purdue

Great intensity today, from a standpoint of watching the battle and the defense not a bad game to watch.

After watching that awful few minutes by Checko, I think I'd much rather see Be dee out there in his minutes. As many have said our bench is an issue and they need to find help from somewhere else.

let's keep getting the W's and lock in a number one or two seed for the tournament

Great effort all around, sometimes the open 3's just don't fall.

Watching the last 5 minutes of the Duke game in contrast to this was laughable. Even when the game was close, those ACC refs love using their whistles. Big Ten seems to let a lot more go for better or worse. For the most part, I like watching them play, unless it's a really bad call (well that Layman one was bad).

Also, I know Tony mentioned a lot of players don't improve much under Turgeon. I'll say this, and maybe this doesn't qualify, but Stone is a totally different defender and rebounder than he was early. I'm not talking about the 8 blocks against Nebraska. But he was really establishing himself down there today and a couple of times refused Hammon the ball inside, which turned out to be huge. He got caught a couple times that seemed to be a senior just getting the better of a freshman, but his footwork and placement inside is much much better.

• Upvote 1

Great effort all around, sometimes the open 3's just don't fall.

Watching the last 5 minutes of the Duke game in contrast to this was laughable. Even when the game was close, those ACC refs love using their whistles. Big Ten seems to let a lot more go for better or worse. For the most part, I like watching them play, unless it's a really bad call (well that Layman one was bad).

Also, I know Tony mentioned a lot of players don't improve much under Turgeon. I'll say this, and maybe this doesn't qualify, but Stone is a totally different defender and rebounder than he was early. I'm not talking about the 8 blocks against Nebraska. But he was really establishing himself down there today and a couple of times refused Hammon the ball inside, which turned out to be huge. He got caught a couple times that seemed to be a senior just getting the better of a freshman, but his footwork and placement inside is much much better.

Agree here. So many reasons I would love to see Stone stick around another year. One of them is how dominant he could be with another offseason of shaping his body. He has cut almost all his "baby fat" down and is so much leaner when he first arrived. Now he needs to add muscle to it. He still gets pushed off the post a little too easy by some of the big men in the big ten. With an offseason of working on that body, he could be truly dominant offensively and very good defensively.