Sign in to follow this  
srock

Songs with Baltimore in them

And if this doesn't have to do with Balmer I don't know what does.

[video=youtube;sjzZh6-h9fM]

Jimi's take. Be ready for the O! It comes right after some feedback and dive bombers and explosions and stuff.

Velocity Girl-Nothing

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWShmwBHh3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The song itself isn't about Baltimore. But I'm pretty sure the video was shot in Baltimore.

I thought there was a version of Dirty Water with Baltimore replaced.

Oh I love that dirty water

Aww Baltimore you're my home.

Title? I thought it was just in the lyrics.

[video=youtube;CdvITn5cAVc]

Philadelphia P.A.

Baltimore and D.C. now

Can't forget the motor city

All we need is music, sweet music

You can't search by lyrics.

Anyway the title is part of the song right?

So if Baltimore is in the title...

You can't search by lyrics.

Anyway the title is part of the song right?

So if Baltimore is in the title...

Sure you can! It's my primary method. I hear a song I don't know on the radidio. I listen closely to get one unique line exactly right. Plug it into youboob, or if that fails Google search it. Find it 99% of the time. No matter how old.

Sure you can! It's my primary method. I hear a song I don't know on the radidio. I listen closely to get one unique line exactly right. Plug it into youboob, or if that fails Google search it. Find it 99% of the time. No matter how old.

On Spotify.

You can't do a proper search by lyrics.

It's great with band, album and song titles.

On Spotify.

You can't do a proper search by lyrics.

It's great with band, album and song titles.

Oh, ok. Yeah I mostly use youboob.

Guns Out At Sundown-Heart Be Still

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IKmh8GYXaVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The song isn't about Baltimore but the video is most definitely shot in Baltimore. Local band that is starting to get traction. I wasn't a big fan of their earlier stuff(too much screaming for my taste). But their newer stuff is definitely growing on me.

Guns Out At Sundown-Heart Be Still

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IKmh8GYXaVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The song isn't about Baltimore but the video is most definitely shot in Baltimore. Local band that is starting to get traction. I wasn't a big fan of their earlier stuff(too much screaming for my taste). But their newer stuff is definitely growing on me.

"They're on 98ROCK."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970, the last day before the All-Star break, the Orioles split a double header with the Detroit Tigers.  The Birds dropped game one 7-3 but came back to win game two 13-3.  The team enters the break with a 54-33 record. Dave McNally (12-6) was shelled in the first game: 2.2 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 1 K, 3 HR allowed).  The Orioles were held to 6 hits with Davey Johnson going 2 for 4 with 1 run scored. BOX SCORE Game two started much like game one did.  Starter Tom Phoebus lasted 2.2 innings and allowed 3 runs on 5 hits while walking 2 and striking out 1.  Dick Hall relieved Phoebus and recorded the win with his 6.1 inning effort.  Hall allowed 1 hit and 1 walk in his appearance. Boog Powell, Elrod Hendricks and Merv Rettenmund all homered for the Orioles.  Rettenmund went 4 for 5 with 2 2B, 2 runs scored and 2 RBI.  Powell went 2 for 5 with 2 runs scored and 4 RBI.  Hendricks went 2 for 4 with 2 runs scored and 2 RBI.  Brooks Robinson contributed a 3 for 4 with 1 2B and 1 run scored effort as well. BOX SCORE
    • #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970 the Orioles defeated the Detroit Tigers 6-5.  Mike Cuellar improved to 11-5 on the year with a 7.0 inning effort in which he allowed 5 runs on 8 hits while walking 2 and striking out 2. Cuellar helped himself out by going 3 for 4 with a homerun (his second), 1 run scored and 2 RBI.  Homeruns by Elrod Hendricks (1 for 4, 1 R, 2 RBI) and Terry Crowley (1 for 4, 1 R, 2 RBI) accounted for the rest of the Orioles run total. Bill Freehan came up big for the Tigers: 3 for 3, 1 3B, 1 HR, 3 runs scored and 1 RBI. BOX SCORE
    • Variations in value on players almost don't matter if they're talented enough, because salaries are pro-rated.  The short season makes wacky things like us signing Puig for a $4 million (after the pro rata adjustment) deal plausible.  That wouldn't be worth it at all if we had to pay for a full season.  But because of the built-in discount due to the 60 game season, a player would have to be massively overvalued for him to not make sense.   edit to add: I think that most years we can assume that we'd get back at least a 45 FV prospect for a player like Puig, but this is not most years.  We don't really know if the teams will take this season seriously and offer the same level prospects for him as they would other years.  So there are definitely some unknowns and risk.  But to me it seems like a relatively low-risk, high-reward strategy to sign as many talented players looking for 1 year deals as you can, securing a massive discount because of the shortened season, and then trade them for prospects
    • Well the Festus and Doc back and forth mostly. "When you start to read the readin. How do you know the feller that wrote the readin wrote the readin right!?"
    • Didn't know I liked Gunsmoke until I started watching it about a year ago.
    • It would appear he's making music now!
  • Popular Contributors