OStrohNattyBoh

Fowler Signs With Cubs.

Well, he would have had a guaranteed 2 more years. Now he doesn't, so yeah, he did lose something. The guarantee of 2017 and 2018 is worth something.

Right, but he didn't "lose a lot of money", not yet.

If he gets a bigger contract next offseason, what has he lost then?

thats a pretty big "IF"

Maybe, maybe not. He could easily get 2/22 from someone. That would equal the amount the Orioles were going to pay him. I don't think that's far fetched at all.

This, and he said "grown men don't say I'm sorry"?

Is AJ calling himself a child then? :laughlol:

I'm done with this mess already.

Grown men apparently use "my bad" instead of "I'm sorry." Didn't know that. Will start using with wife when scenario presents itself, likely in the next 4-8 hours.

$3.5M is $3.5M. And it sounds like DF hasn't enjoyed the last three months. Should have just taken the QO. Agent gambled, agent lost.

Haha. Okay.

Right. Even with the Orioles deal he was going to lose money in 2016. He hasn't lost anything yet.

I get folks are pissed and looking to make this into a "Fowler/Close are idiots" thing. It isn't, though. Guarantee neither has any remorse about anything.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fowler said he got a message from Adam Jones that said: "My bad. I jumped the gun."</p>— Mark Gonzales (@MDGonzales) <a href="
">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why, it's almost like folks on here were reading more into Jones's quotes than they should have. Shocker. That, or maybe Jones is following Duquette's lead and taking the "high road" via private text to Fowler...

Well, he would have had a guaranteed 2 more years. Now he doesn't, so yeah, he did lose something. The guarantee of 2017 and 2018 is worth something.

It's worth $20 million if Fowler is injured seriously enough in 2016. I understand Fowler's reasoning and his apparent willingness to gamble on a bigger career payday. It strikes me that his offseason has been unnecessarily messy if for no other reason than the Orioles' policy about opt-outs were common knowledge before anything ever got serious enough to have any business being "mistakenly" reported. It's a pity that the Orioles had to get some of the mess on them.

Maybe, maybe not. He could easily get 2/22 from someone. That would equal the amount the Orioles were going to pay him. I don't think that's far fetched at all.

1/15.7 beats 2/22, considering he took less money this season.

I get folks are pissed and looking to make this into a "Fowler/Close are idiots" thing. It isn't, though. Guarantee neither has any remorse about anything.

And some want to turn this into an Orioles screwup.

I just want once to have the Orioles sign a player without all the hoopla or just stay out of the market all-together as they do not seem to be able to get things done in an orderly manner without "LEAKS".

I also would like to see someone within the Orioles front office get removed for these "LEAKS" IF they came from there.

I am waiting to see if the "Players Union" files a grievance against the Orioles and Wins that grievance as this would put a cap on this whole affair. If no filing then it falls back to the Player/Agent as being at fault.

$3.5M is $3.5M. And it sounds like DF hasn't enjoyed the last three months. Should have just taken the QO. Agent gambled, agent lost.

Matt Wieters made the right choice.

Why, it's almost like folks on here were reading more into Jones's quotes than they should have. Shocker. That, or maybe Jones is following Duquette's lead and taking the "high road" via private text to Fowler...

Or in this case, reading more into Dexter "Catfishing" Fowler quoting Jones than might be considered reasonable...

• Upvote 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fowler said he got a message from Adam Jones that said: "My bad. I jumped the gun."</p>? Mark Gonzales (@MDGonzales) <a href="
">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really sounds more and more like the orioles goofed on this.