Spy Fox

What are some of the best Orioles games you've been to?

Opening Day this Spring - 10 - 10 tie with a powerful Braves lineup including Nickie. That is the most recent non-loss! Big drive from CDub and a floater oppo style from Flash that barely cleared wall. :slytf:

What's weird for this old-timer - I have been to so many games over my lifetime and I truly cannot remember any one Oriole game that stands out in any way. Also been to Ebbetts Field, Fenway, Polo Grounds, Shea, old Yankee Stadium, Memorial Stadium, RFK, Nats Park, Astrodome, Oakland Collisseum, Candlestick, The Trop, Cleveland, San Diego and nothing stands out for any game. That's not a good sign at 72....:(

Edited by bobmc

Another fun ending I just remembered attending was Adam Jones' walk-off bunt. Which, I relearned from looking it up, was part of the terrible 2010 O's hot streak after hiring Buck.

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=11049089&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

A couple came immediately to mind.

Felix Pie hitting for the cycle against the Angels

Delmon's Double

Pirates on a Friday night. Jersey throwbacks. I think they had the entire squad from 1983 there for a reunion. Epic Os comeback (like 7 runs) to win the game.

Cal Ripken statue game vs Yankees

1982 Earl's last game before retirement the first time

Game at Memorial Stadium where Orioles broke Twins 16 game winning streak with a 9th inning comeback

Also, Cal's last game. (The only good thing to come out of 9/11. Schedule was interrupted so last game fell in with our Sun tix plan.

What in the world was good about Cal's last game? Cal's last game was a bummer. We lost, Cal went 0-4, and he was left on deck when Brady swung and missed at ball four. My 9-year old son was sobbing when it was over.

• Upvote 1

I saw the game in person where Juan Nieves no hit the Orioles.

I also enjoyed several games where Eddie Murray won several late inning close games.

I also saw several great games during the wire to wire season

The obvious Game 2 2014 ALDS will never be topped. It was so incredible, the ups and downs of that game, and Delmon's double and JJ's slide. Incredible.

Was also at last year's Orioles-Phillies game on June 16 where the O's smashed 8 homers for the team record.

Also was at PNC a couple years back when Davis hit 3 HR in one game.

And many more to count....but those stood out I guess because of their recency.

Yep, this one for me as well as the best regular-season game I've ever seen. That was 2012, though, right?

Games 1 and 2 against Detroit in 2014 were pretty awesome, Game 2 especially. We got down early against Verlander but he threw a lot of pitches. As the pitch count went higher, I just kept saying, "Let's get into their bullpen." Sure enough! As I'm sure many of you who were there can attest, that was the loudest I've ever heard Camden Yards. Thought for sure we were going to the World Series after that. Sigh.

You're totally right, it must've been 2012. Man, time flies... Good call.

I was at game 1 against the Tigers, and you're right, that was amazing. I was supposed to go to game 2 but I had to work. Pretty bummed to miss that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What in the world was good about Cal's last game? Cal's last game was a bummer. We lost, Cal went 0-4, and he was left on deck when Brady swung and missed at ball four. My 9-year old son was sobbing when it was over.

Guess it depends on how you define a "good" game. My kids (and I) loved just being there to pay tribute to Cal.

Game 1 of the 2014 ALCS vs. KC. Was a loss, but went extra innings and the atmosphere was electric.

Cal's final game. Game wasn't special, but was good to be there to say goodbye. Saw his last N.Y. and Boston games as well.

Also, the Brooks statue game in 2012. The race was tightening and it's still a thrill to beat Boston late in the year. A Manny (only called up the month before) homer landed two seats over from me. I'm in the orange mid 70s cap. 0af03bbe81d6580a4e2b6a1c769a92d9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

June 19, 1980 when John Lowenstein was hit in the head by a thrown ball and carted off the field on a stretcher. Just before the Orioles dugout, he suddenly sat up on the stretcher and raised both fists into the air. The crowd went wild. Here is the Sun's write-up:

"One of the more memorable moments in Orioles history occurred at home on June 19, 1980, against Oakland. But it is not something that will be found in the box score. In the bottom of the seventh inning, Steiner pinch-hit for second baseman Lenny Sakata and singled to right field off Rick Langford. When he attempted to stretch a single into a double, Athletics first baseman Jeff Newman’s errant throw struck Lowenstein in the back of the head. John lay motionless at second base as trainers worked on him. He was placed on a stretcher, and as he was being carried to the dugout. Lowenstein sat up and pumped both fists in the air. The 15,000 spectators, who had been silently looking on, burst into cheers. “You have to acknowledge the cheers of the fans and I sure as hell wasn’t going to come back out after the game,” Lowenstein explained."

Brother LO.

bs-sp-daffy-dozen-john-lowenstein-0728-20150727

I was at this game with my dad when I was 12. Absolutely one of the fondest memories of my life, watching my dad jumping and screaming and laughing like a maniac.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8dcEmzDzoFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Double header sweep of Brewers at the end of 1982 in the last series and game 5 in Philly in 1983. The Delmon game against Tigers because I didn't think concrete could shake that much and the noice level was amazing. 2131 of course.

• Upvote 1