Birds08

Slugger Pedro Alvarez Signs w Orioles (1 yr: 5.75 + 1.5 potential bonuses) OFFICIAL

This guy fascinates me... For now.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/12/03/dunlap-pedro-alvarez-is-the-ultimate-mystery/

<i>...And, lastly, will he succeed somewhere else now that his Pirates days are behind him?

Perhaps that?s the most commanding question, that last one ? what will become of Pedro Alvarez in his post-Pirates*career. He is, after all, just a man of 28. He is also a man who once blasted 36 home runs and drove in 100 in a season while displaying that resplendent power where the ball comes off his bat with a sound as if it were shot from a cannon.

Certainly, some American League team will take a chance on Alvarez, plugging him into their lineup and hoping he can mash the baseball out of the yard ? even as they live with the strikeouts ? with decent regularity.

To me, this would be worth the gamble, worth a shot that Pittsburgh just wasn?t the right fit for him for some reason.</i>

So, who plays RF?

Please don't say Trumbo.

You answered your own question. How much does Davis make? You think they will risk him to greater chance of injury? Funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes Trumbo redundant. Why trade for him if we're just going to go get Pedro, who in turn is the Poor man's Chris Davis?

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Because Fowler really screwed us and pickings are slim.

Because Fowler really screwed us and pickings are slim.

But why sign him if our lineup is solid and ok? He doesn't bring anything to the table defensively. Maybe next year when Trumbo goes, but right now; I don't get it

But why sign him if our lineup is solid and ok? He doesn't bring anything to the table defensively. Maybe next year when Trumbo goes, but right now; I don't get it

Are you comfortable with Kim starting? I'm not.