Why Not?

4/17/08 Pale Hose at Orioles

I got a bad feeling about this one. Floyd is the kind of guy...

I won't say anything else. Millah is going to take him deep next inning. ;)

I'm at the game tonight hanging out with Dr Lev having a great time.

Observations: Our offense is making decent contact, but just isn't coming through. Hopefully the second time through the lineup will bring more solid contact.

How does FLoyd look on TV?

P.S. Scott is great with the fans out in LF.

Hey, tell Dr Lev I said whats up!

Dang. I wanted to see how many seasons in a row we could get no-hit by rookie pitchers.:D

The season's still young, don't give up hope:cool:

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it kind of odd that the O's are trying to pump up so much interest in a player we've had since 2001? Do we really need to hear from Brian Roberts babysitter?

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it kind of odd that the O's are trying to pump up so much interest in a player we've had since 2001? Do we really need to hear from Brian Roberts babysitter?

Yeah, I'm SO over Brian Roberts...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Baumann is a huge risk, more than Wells.  His stock has shot up after his time in Bowie last year.  I am a big dynasty player, and Prospects Live has him as their 264th overall player, and Wells isn't listed.  Prospects1500 has Baumann as our 10th prospect, and Wells as our 17th.  MLB Pipeline has Baumann 10th and Wells 20th.  He has a lot more upside than Wells IMO.   Pop has the TJS recovery but a two-pitch reliever who was a lock-down guy in AA is a worthwhile risk for the Rule 5 draft, especially with 26 man rosters now.  If I were a GM, I'd rather take the chance on a guy like Pop who could be a very good high-leverage reliever over a guy who might be a back-end starter/long reliever.  
    • Well, you listed six, I listed six, so that could work. I’m not sure Pop is a risk to get picked, given that he had TJ and didn’t really have any post-recovery time to do game work. I would certainly choose Wells if I were the Pirates or the Rangers, because they both need pitching really badly. Not sure how risky the others would be. That’s worthy of a separate post.
    • Guys who could be exposed to the Rule 5 draft if not added to the 40 man roster:   Baumann, Lowther, Wells, Mattson, Hanifee, Pop.   (There’s a few others who have no risk of being picked.).  How many of those get added determines how many need to be removed (more or less; right now we have 20 pitchers on the 40 man and I’d expect it to stay at about that number).   
    • Ace is like top 5 to me. You pretty much expect to win every night no matter who you are facing. Bieber, Cole, Verlander, Degrom, Scherzer. Outside of those guys I can't think of any I would call Ace nowadays. Top 20 would be so called Number 1's but not every Number 1 is an Ace, IMO. 
    • He could always just make it who won a World Series last. Or who has the worst announcers. 
    • The Braves Reds series what I am most interested.  The Reds have Bauer and Gray 1-2 which is tough draw.  Bauer will try to pitch game 1 and 3 if it were up to him. The Braves have amazing offense so should be good matchup Reds starters vs the Braves power.  The Reds May have the worst offense to be in playoffs.  
    • I’m a little stricter.   I want a TOR to be worthy of a top 2 spot in a decent rotation over at least a few years.    Not that he has to perform to no. 2 standards every single year, but most of the time.   When I think of a TOR, John Lackey and AJ Burnett come to mind.    Maybe a little lower down than that is still TOR.
  • Popular Contributors