Bahama O's Fan

Regular Season Lineup

David Lough had a .803 OPS in the minors.

Joey Rickard is at .742 for his career in the minors.

We will find out what Rickard is pretty quickly too. No one is saying he doesn't deserve a shot, but your expectations are too high. We should be happy if he proves worthy enough to stay on the roster all season. Hoping/expecting that he can replace a MOO bat that we just spent 10 million on is not reasonable. I think we all understand the potential tools that he brings to the table. Neither Goeddel or Rickard were on Tampa's prospect radar. Sorry.

David Lough had a .803 OPS in the minors.

Joey Rickard is at .742 for his career in the minors.

We will find out what Rickard is pretty quickly too. No one is saying he doesn't deserve a shot, but your expectations are too high. We should be happy if he proves worthy enough to stay on the roster all season. Hoping/expecting that he can replace a MOO bat that we just spent 10 million on is not reasonable. I think we all understand the potential tools that he brings to the table. Neither Goeddel or Rickard were on Tampa's prospect radar. Sorry.

That MOOB is hardly reliable considering he was traded off by three teams in the last three years with the last one being for essentially a bag of peanuts. That's a lot of trust to put into someone like that, 10 million or not. Chances are that he will have a similar fate in Baltimore. Trumbo seems to be on his way down, not up. Being so sure that Trumbo is still capable of being a legitimate MOOB is also unreasonable.

You are right, though. We will find out pretty quickly one way or the other. If it weren't for the surplus situation forcing TB's hand to expose these players they wouldn't have otherwise, I wouldn't blink an eye. Nowhere did I say Rickard is a sure thing, the best prospect around, the next Omar Vizquel or anything of the sort. I am only saying I don't believe it is reasonable to compare Rickard to Lough and automatically place him on that level even though he has not given any indication of that being a logical judgement. He is far from a sure thing, but not as low as some of you would put him.

Edited by Sessh

That MOOB is hardly reliable considering he was traded off by three teams in the last three years with the last one being for essentially a bag of peanuts. That's a lot of trust to put into someone like that, 10 million or not. Chances are that he will have a similar fate in Baltimore. Trumbo seems to be on his way down, not up. Being so sure that Trumbo is still capable of being a legitimate MOOB is also unreasonable.

You are right, though. We will find out pretty quickly one way or the other. If it weren't for the surplus situation forcing TB's hand to expose these players they wouldn't have otherwise, I wouldn't blink an eye. Nowhere did I say Rickard is a sure thing, the best prospect around, the next Omar Vizquel or anything of the sort. I am only saying I don't believe it is reasonable to compare Rickard to Lough and automatically place him on that level even though he has not given any indication of that being a logical judgement. He is far from a sure thing, but not as low as some of you would put him.

I just think it's unfair to automatically classify a guy with 0 MLB at bats as better than David Lough. We don't know what Rickard is. He could be worse than David Lough when all is said and done.

At this point, he should get his share of at bats, if only because the LF situation is incredibly murky with Kim looking completely overwhelmed early. Even if you think he'll eventually adjust, it seems certain that he needs to spend time in AAA catching up.

I just think it's unfair to automatically classify a guy with 0 MLB at bats as better than David Lough. We don't know what Rickard is. He could be worse than David Lough when all is said and done.

At this point, he should get his share of at bats, if only because the LF situation is incredibly murky with Kim looking completely overwhelmed early. Even if you think he'll eventually adjust, it seems certain that he needs to spend time in AAA catching up.

Well whatever the outcome is, it should be interesting to see how it all happens.

o

Lead-off double for Schoop.

Infield single for Schoop.

RBI-double for Machado.

3-run home run for Trumbo.

The Orioles have 4 runs in already against C.C. Sabathia, and they are still batting in the top of the 1st inning.

ORIOLES ...... SCORIOLES

ORIOLES ...... SCORIOLES

ORIOLES ...... SCORIOLES

Not surprising. Sabathia hasn't been a major league caliber pitcher for three years now. We should be knocking him around.

Michael Kay and Ken Singleton stated that Sabathia, if healthy, would like to pitch for 3 or 4 more years.

Maybe ...... but not necessarily in the Major Leagues.

Perhaps in the California Penal League.

Yeah, I saw that too. There's always Korea or Japan. I don't know where else he'd be able to pitch that much longer.

Rickard had the double in the first against CC.

I wonder if Buck is seriously considering him for full time leadoff? He has a .400 OBP

Rickard had the double in the first against CC.

I wonder if Buck is seriously considering him for full time leadoff? He has a .400 OBP

That would be an amazing evolution from playing in Australia 2 years ago to Dominican Winter ball 5 months ago to leading off opening day on a pennant contender, after being a Rule 5 player.

Unless he's a miracle, Rickard will get stay got through the end of April and make us all giddy. Then he'll tail off. And by August we'll have nothing but a recollection of a small comet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

That would be an amazing evolution from playing in Australia 2 years ago to Dominican Winter ball 5 months ago to leading off opening day on a pennant contender, after being a Rule 5 player.

Unless he's a miracle, Rickard will get stay got through the end of April and make us all giddy. Then he'll tail off. And by August we'll have nothing but a recollection of a small comet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt he leads off OD, but he's a smart ballplayer, has good AB, runs well, and plays good defense. We aren't going to be forgetting about him.

I doubt he leads off OD, but he's a smart ballplayer, has good AB, runs well, and plays good defense. We aren't going to be forgetting about him.

I respect that not everyone gets a fair chance and people slip through the cracks, but how did Rickard go from a I or league player who needed to go to Australia to play baseball to being on the cusp of making the Orioles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I respect that not everyone gets a fair chance and people slip through the cracks, but how did Rickard go from a I or league player who needed to go to Australia to play baseball to being on the cusp of making the Orioles

Where are you coming up with the idea he had to go play baseball in Australia?

He played winter ball there like many of the minor leaguers, including O's. It says nothing about his talent but says a lot about his work ethic.

Edited by Crazysilver03

Try looking at his MiL numbers. Particularly his OBP. http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=rickar000joe Edited by El Gordo