Sign in to follow this  
PressBoxOnline

Jim Henneman: Miguel Gonzalez, Hyun Soo Kim Squarely On Orioles' Roster Bubble

There is no actual information there about Kim. He leaves out that Reimold has been equally bad, if not worse, and we do not really have anyone to replace him. Does he really think that Christian Walker is prepared to play OF on opening day?

I agree that Miguel is a concern but would be shocked if he was released to avoid paying the $3M.

The Gallardo deal is just a head-scratcher. The only way it made sense was paired with Fowler, but to execute the Gallardo deal without having Fowler

's signature is a real failure.

What he says about Yovani is scary. Did we really give up the 14th pick for a guy who has lost his fastball?

Yeah, and dumped Davies for garbage. Dan really screwed this up. We should have Davies, $22M, and the #14.

Ive seen Kim make a few really good defensive plays. And I guess this article leaves out the fact that he has hit almost .500 since his first hit.

Not sure I would put much stock into this blurb.

Ive seen Kim make a few really good defensive plays. And I guess this article leaves out the fact that he has hit almost .500 since his first hit.

Not sure I would put much stock into this blurb.

Consider the source, not exactly known for being the most accurate writer in the industry.

This is not a good piece.

First off, paying Gonzo $3m is a no brainer even if he sucks. It's nothing, that's probably why Worley makes it too because starting pitching is so thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no actual information there about Kim. He leaves out that Reimold has been equally bad, if not worse, and we do not really have anyone to replace him. Does he really think that Christian Walker is prepared to play OF on opening day?

I agree that Miguel is a concern but would be shocked if he was released to avoid paying the $3M.

The Gallardo deal is just a head-scratcher. The only way it made sense was paired with Fowler, but to execute the Gallardo deal without having Fowler

's signature is a real failure.

Funny how many people jump on Reimold while Davis is still hitting 152.

One of those things is a minor issue for the 2016 team and the other...not so much.

It's not in the Kim section but here is the bit on Reimold:

Rickard's emergence seems to have put the big squeeze on perennial corner outfield candidate Nolan Reimold. Both are right-handed hitters, both are exceptional runners, but one (Rickard) is hitting and one isn't -- and Rickard is no worse than the second-best defensive outfielder in camp (a nod to Adam Jones' arm).

Jim Henneman says Miguel Gonzalez and Hyun Soo Kim are not making good first impressions during spring training and their roster spots may be in jeopardy.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/03/24/miguel-gonzalez-hyun-soo-kim-squarely-on-orioles-roster-bubble

How can you make a first impression when it is your fifth year with the team?

It's not in the Kim section but here is the bit on Reimold:

Reimold's an exceptional runner?

He's def good up the line, but he's not exceptional runner by any stretch of the word.