Frobby

Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Two homers in one inning -- not too shabby!

For those who complained about his acquisition because he's costing $9 mm, you might want to rethink your position.

I like the Mark Trumbo trade, but it's early!

Of course it won't last, but this week he's been about as locked in as any player I've ever seen.

.333/.364/1.095/1.459, 1 2B, 5 HR, 11 RBI

In 5 games?

Trumbo is living up to his early season success, but damn is he mashing. Fires don't burn forever, though. It sure is fun seeing him go deep with that stiff swing of his. It doesn't look all that menacing until he squares one

up.

Looks like Trumbo is the 1st Oriole to hit 2 homers in one inning. :clap3:

That first one tonight was an absolute missile. He's crushing. It's hard to keep my enthusiasm in check.He does have those ridiculous April/May splits, though. It's almost like you should just sit him down on June 1st.

Sure is fun to watch now.

What was all the talk about Trumbo hitting a bunch of homeruns this year because he will be playing half his games at Camden Yards. At home this year: 0 Homeruns in 5 games. On the road: 5 home runs in 5 games. So much for that theory.

Trumbo really came through. I was sitting by my computer looking at various things, with the O's game in the background because I wasn't expecting very much. All of a sudden, I heard Jim Hunter's call, "That ball is GONE!!!!" I wondered if he was doing some sort of yesterday's replay. But no, it was really a Trumbo HR. Then more HRs, Schoop, Machado, and finally another Trumbo HR. It was insane!!! :smile11:

Is Trumbo signed for longer than this year?

Trumbo really came through. I was sitting by my computer looking at various things, with the O's game in the background because I wasn't expecting very much. All of a sudden, I heard Jim Hunter's call, "That ball is GONE!!!!" I wondered if he was doing some sort of yesterday's replay. But no, it was really a Trumbo HR. Then more HRs, Schoop, Machado, and finally another Trumbo HR. It was insane!!! :smile11:

Is Trumbo signed for longer than this year?

He is not; he is probably our new Nelson Cruz. And he fits the role that Cruz had two years ago, hitting behind Davis, very well.

This is one time I'm quite happy to say "I told y'all so", but of course the year is young. :)

Imagine a week when they are all dialed in and seeing the ball well. 4 HR in an inning is just the beginning. This is gonna be some fun.

Guest JChav

It's way, way too early to gauge if Trumbo will put together an overall solid season, but if he does, it sure would be a nice redemption for losing Nelson Cruz if he can be resigned.

I have a hunch that he may not want to be here long term. He's a west coast guy through and through. Born in SoCal and spent his whole career to this point in the AL and NL west divisions.

If he can put together a 35-40 HR / .850-.900 OPS season, he'll get no less than what Nelson Cruz got. I'd guess a solid 5/65-80 deal.

At this way, way.... way earlier point... I wonder if that would be something Angelos would do, and I wonder if Trumbo would sign back here if that were the case? :scratchchinhmm: