Sessh

vs. RANGERS, 4/16

Baltimore Orioles (8-2, 1st +2.5) @ Texas Rangers (6-6, 2nd -0.5)

Streak / L10

BAL: N/A

TEX: N/A

Game 3 (8:10)

(QS=0)Yovani Gallardo (1-0) 5.40 (1.30/.250) 7/4

vs.

(QS=2)Colby Lewis (1-0) 3.00 (1.17/.238), 10/4 (2HR)

Yovani Gallardo: Gallardo didn't look all that good against Boston and considering what the Twins have done since opening day, they probably made him look better than he was as well. He is showing himself to be a flyball pitcher early on with a FB/GB ratio of 20/12, but at least he hasn't given up a home run yet. Texas is another good hitting team, but most of these guys have never faced him before. They should know quite a bit about him though from having him as a teammate. He has only made one career start against Texas which wasn't that great and only Desmond and Andrus have seen him before from the box. Not all that confident with Gallardo, but we shall see.

Splits & Sits

18 vs. left: .188/.222/.222

24 vs. right: .300/.375/.320

Bases Empty: .211

RISP: .375

RISP w/2 outs: .000

Men on w/2 outs: .000

Man on 3rd, < 2 outs: .667

Career @ Global Life Park (16 starts)

(8-6) 3.52 (1.50/.278), 7HR

Career vs. TEX (1 start)

(0-1) 6 IP, 6H, 4ER, HR, 10/4

vs. Batter

Ian Desmond (18 AB) .278, 2 2B, 2RBI

Elvis Andrus 0/4, 3K

Colby Lewis: Lewis also has two quality starts so far this year, but in over 500 innings pitched in this park, Lewis has never been all that great. One of his QS's came there, but it was a six inning three run performance with two home runs and three walks allowed. On top of that, the Orioles have crushed him in seven starts with 14 home runs. We have eight home runs against Lewis in the player stats from our guys right now. I feel pretty good about this matchup for the Orioles. In his two starts, he is most susceptible in the first 30 pitches of the game and was pretty solid after that.

Splits & Sits

38 vs. left: .235/.316/.368, 2HR

8 vs. right: .250/.250/.375

Bases Empty: .214, HR

RISP: .143

RISP w/2 outs: .200

Men on w/2 outs: .200

Man on 3rd < 2 outs: NA

Career @ Global Life Park (87 starts, 9 relief)

(33-28) 5.14 (1.40/.273), 78HR

Career vs Baltimore (7 starts, 2 relief)

(2-4) 6.11 (1.38/.272), 14HR

vs. Batter

J.J. Hardy .333, 2 2B, 2HR, 4RBI

Adam Jones (18 AB) .278, 2B, HR, 4RBI

Mark Trumbo (16 AB) .250, 2B, HR, 4RBI

Matt Wieters (14 AB) .214, 2B

Chris Davis 4/8, 2HR, 5RBI

Ryan Flaherty 1/6, S-HR, 4K

Manny Machado 2/5, S-HR

Nolan Reimold 0/3

Jonathan Schoop 0/2

Things were looking pretty bad for the first six innings of game two, but then a complete meltdown by struggling reliever Wilhelmsen and the rookie Faulkner giving up four home runs in the seventh and what started as a four run lead for Texas became a five run deficit at innings end. The Orioles are clearly going to live or die by the home run again this year as it seems to be just about the only way they can score any runs. It's yet to be seen how that strategy is going to look in a month or two, but for now, the Orioles are 8-2 heading into game three of this four game series, but another strong start by a Texas starter and we'll face another one in game three who also has two quality starts already this year.

Gallardo and Lewis; whew. The Rangers know Gallardo already and the Orioles have crushed Lewis historically as well as his overall poor performance pitching in his home park in over 500 innings. In 45.2 career innings against the Orioles, Lewis has surrendered 14 home runs and 34 runs with 31 of them being earned. We could see quite a few more long balls from the Orioles in this one, but how will Gallardo do against this Texas lineup? That's the million dollar question.

The Yankees and Rays are both on three game skids sitting at 4th and 5th in the division while the Jays lost their last game sitting third. Boston has won two in a row and sits in second keeping the gap between the Orioles and whoever is in second at 2.5 games.

Seeing the Yankees loss always cheers me up!
Just another day in the life of a Toronto sports fan.

Strikes out the side.

I haven't even been following the standings because we're so far ahead. Last night's game was a demonstration to the whole league and all us fans. This offense will destroy you in a millisecond.

I haven't even been following the standings because we're so far ahead. Last night's game was a demonstration to the whole league and all us fans. This offense will destroy you in a millisecond.

"AA saved his reputation because of two months in the final year of his contract. The guy was a hair away from being run out of town."

wzXQ_AKM4V19XSMO.jpg

I'll tell you what I like about Yo. Even at 88, 89 mph, he always has some bend on his pitches. He doesn't seem to have A fastball, A slider, A cutter. He seems to just put a little different spin to each pitch. Always something different. Little different tilt, no tilt. Differing velocity. More a spectrum of pitches than three or four distinct ones.

• Upvote 1

I'll tell you what I like about Yo. Even at 88, 89 mph, he always has some bend on his pitches. He doesn't seem to have A fastball, A slider, A cutter. He seems to just put a little different spin to each pitch. Always something different. Little different tilt, no tilt. Differing velocity. More a spectrum of pitches than three or four distinct ones.

That's a great description.

Hey guys, just wanted to say how great it is to hang out with a bunch of fellow O's fans and enjoy the game with you all. :) I'm excited to see what the birds come up with tonight!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, just wanted to say how great it is to hang out with a bunch of fellow O's fans and enjoy the game with you all. :) I'm excited to see what the birds come up with tonight!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here! Let's get some runs early.