Roy Firestone

Orioles Face Toughest Challenge Of Young 2016 Season Against Blue Jays And Royals

To me, the Jays are the best all around team in the AL East. They can really hit and they can outpitch the Orioles..particularly tonight with one of the best arms in Stroman, who at 5'8 may be the smallest pitcher in the major leagues...with the very best stuff.Im not very high on Mike Wright and if he doesn't pitch very well tonight, Tyler Wilson could be waiting in the wings...both tonight and for the rotation. Id be happy to win two of three at home, but it might be tough for this club to win even one in this series because of the matchups.Im pulling for a good series from our guys, but Im keeping my expectations low.

Hope you all have 4 hours a night for these games. We might see football scores in this series. :laughlol:.

I hope so, because that means we have a chance to win. But if their rotation is on point in this series and our offense isn't clicking on all cylinders like it has been (not even saying it has to be weak, just not quite so explosive), then I could easily see us getting swept ... I hope to be eating crow in a few days, but I'm even less optimistic than Mr. Firestone ...

Hope you all have 4 hours a night for these games. We might see football scores in this series. :laughlol:.

You laugh but it's well within reason!

The Jays were the team that sent Wright back to the minors last year after a disastrous start when he only got 4 outs (4 BB, 3H, 1 HBP). Tyler Wilson backed him up with 5.2 IP, 1 ER, keeping us in the game. I don't know why Buck isn't simply skipping Wright with all the off days. I am not expecting to win this ball game. (Trying for the reverse jinx here).

Mike Wright has a HR/9 in the bigs approaching 2. Chris Tillman is around 1, but was dominated by the Jays last year. And Ubaldo, well, going to be really hard to bank on him.

The Jays were the team that sent Wright back to the minors last year after a disastrous start when he only got 4 outs (4 BB, 3H, 1 HBP). Tyler Wilson backed him up with 5.2 IP, 1 ER, keeping us in the game. I don't know why Buck isn't simply skipping Wright with all the off days. I am not expecting to win this ball game. (Trying for the reverse jinx here).

By saying that you're going for the reverse jinx, you've reverse jinxed the reverse jinx. C'mon man, Reverse Jinx 101 here. :P

The Jays are allowing 0.38 runs/game fewer than we are, but we are scoring 1.45 runs/game more than they are. Advantage us.

Their offense is not hitting on all cylinders so far this year. Their big three of Donaldson, Bautista and Encarnacion are producing, but most of the rest of the team has been ice cold. Let's hope it stays that way.