RZNJ

Sloppy game

It's one of the reasons we lost. So are all the things you mentioned. I love Buck but there's never a time where Joey Rickard should be a defensive replacement.

Except when Trumbo is your starter...have you seen him play this year? Rickard catches more balls than Trumbo, Trumbo has the better arm. In most cases, the guy who catches more balls is going to make more outs.

Tough loss with multiple breakdowns and bad plays. Team loss on just about everyone...except Kim.

Tough loss with multiple breakdowns and bad plays. Team loss on just about everyone...except Kim.

I was encouraged to see Alvarez have a good day at the plate, too. And Gausman was very good. From the standpoint of how things will play out over 162 games, the fact that he's looked real good in his two starts is probably the biggest takeaway from this game. We aren't going to lose many games on defensive miscues and bullpen meltdowns, as we did last night.

Except when Trumbo is your starter...have you seen him play this year? Rickard catches more balls than Trumbo, Trumbo has the better arm. In most cases, the guy who catches more balls is going to make more outs.

My question is with a 3 man bench was Buck going to put Reimold in LF for Kim had we kept the lead? That would have left the Orioles with just Joseph left on bench.

I wish Flaherty was a passable INF and a good OF then vice versa. That would be a better fit on this team.

I was encouraged to see Alvarez have a good day at the plate, too. And Gausman was very good. From the standpoint of how things will play out over 162 games, the fact that he's looked real good in his two starts is probably the biggest takeaway from this game. We aren't going to lose many games on defensive miscues and bullpen meltdowns, as we did last night.

I told my wife before the game he was going to homer.

Frustrating game. I was at the game with my wife and kids and my son wanted to go home around the 7th inning. I really wanted to stay, we always stay to end. We walked out during the O'Day meltdown. Frazier pimped that HR. Listened in car and not that it matters at the end of April but Joe Angel kept saying the Red Sox would take over 1st, he finally corrected himself at the end of the postgame. Just hope Zack is ok.

Worley was up, I get it, but with an injured player, he could have brought in anyone else but Worley IMO. We have how many pitchers on the 25 man and we go with Worley with the game on the line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worley was pretty much the last man standing. Sanchez is a switch hitter and would have been hitting RH and you also have Abreu and Frazier behind him. I'm sure Buck didn't want Macfarland facing all RH hitters.

By the way, with Flaherty in AAA-Norfolk, who is the emergency catcher on this team?

Lenn Sakata.

Thanks for the rain report at last night's game. On TV it looked like it was pouring. I've noticed this before. When I am at the game I always look at the light towers and you get a better idea how hard it is raining. I am under cover in terrace box section 27 and sometimes it's hard to tell even when you are there.

By the way, with Flaherty in AAA who is the emergency catcher on this team?

I think I read Trumbo somewhere?

Unfortunately, we gave away last night's game. The bullpen, led by O'Day's implosion, threw too many fat pitches. The infield defense certainly was uncharacteristically bad, including Schoop dropping a perfect Wieters throw in the seventh inning that would have nailed the base stealer (who had reached via a leadoff walk, and later scored.) Worley threw a lousy 3-2 pitch after the missed strike three call, then a pitch in the middle of the plate to Abreu that he whacked into right field for the eighth run.