Sanfran327

Are we going to get the game in tonight?

Heading up to Baltimore this afternoon for our "baby moon" this weekend. Should be fun to get to a few good restaurants and hopefully a few games, but I've held off on buying tickets so far because of the forecast. Looks like rain for the next several months, so I am reluctant to buy anything just yet.

I'll delete this thread later today...

Heading up to Baltimore this afternoon for our "baby moon" this weekend. Should be fun to get to a few good restaurants and hopefully a few games, but I've held off on buying tickets so far because of the forecast. Looks like rain for the next several months, so I am reluctant to buy anything just yet.

I'll delete this thread later today...

Oriole Hangout night is tomorrow night. :)

We can rearrange some things - mainly our dinner plans - between tonight and tomorrow night. Looks like we might be going to the Rusty Scupper tonight and to the game(s) Saturday and Sunday.

I'd say yes, because all they need is some combination of windows totaling up to about three hours where the rain isn't too bad, since OPACY drains like a colander.

If this were 30+ years ago the game would already be cancelled. Because of great drainage and loss of revenues from postponements/cancellations the fan experience is worse - they'll play in miserable conditions much, much more often than they used to.

I'd say yes, because all they need is some combination of windows totaling up to about three hours where the rain isn't too bad, since OPACY drains like a colander.

If this were 30+ years ago the game would already be cancelled. Because of great drainage and loss of revenues from postponements/cancellations the fan experience is worse - they'll play in miserable conditions much, much more often than they used to.

RFK was a real swimming pool that help the rain that came down.

OPACY drains better than a colander, with those massive pumps under the field that can help down the water down and out.

RFK was a real swimming pool that help the rain that came down.

I've been at DC United matches at RFK where it was raining so hard there were waterfalls in the aisles and large puddles of standing water on the field and they played until the lightning came. Someone would play a long ball and it would land with a splash and just stop.

I've been at DC United matches at RFK where it was raining so hard there were waterfalls in the aisles and large puddles of standing water on the field and they played until the lightning came. Someone would play a long ball and it would land with a splash and just stop.

I can remember the dugouts at RFK, being totally flooded to ground level.

It's been raining all day long and it's not just a misty drizzle, either. It's moderate rainfall with very short periods of heavier rain. It hasn't stopped yet today. There's a low pressure center southeast of Baltimore

spinning up moisture and doesn't seem to be going anywhere in any hurry. Looks like it will be difficult to get this one in, but we may get a break tonight.