drdelaware

Dylan Bundy Thread

Not in ST. A pitcher who's throwing all FB in one outing or his CU exclusively in one inning for a ST isn't worried about results. They are working on the process. Hence, it takes precedence over the results. For now. Four or five starts depending on who you are talking about will depend on when that begins to change.

Of course, there are those right now whose process isn't exactly inspiring either.

That is what folks are missing, Nonetheless. I am glad Bundy is healthy and able to hit 96.

Dylan Bundy, rhp, Orioles. Still Baltimore?s No. 1 prospect despite pitching just 63 innings combined the past three season, the Oklahoman righthander is out of options, so the Orioles need to know if he can stay healthy. He took a big step on Wednesday, hitting 95 mph with the fastball and pitching two scoreless innings against the Pirates.

Christian Walker, 1b, Orioles. The future of Walker?and Trey Mancini for that matter?is unknown following the long-term contract for Chris Davis and the signing of Pedro Alvarez. But that hasn?t stopped Walker from taking advantage of his chances. On Wednesday, he hit his third homer this spring, a three-run shot, and he?s 8-for-27 overall.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The BA Prospect Report: Dylan Bundy has a positive outing, Chris Stratton opening eyes. <a href="https://t.co/yCvdgmdlOw">https://t.co/yCvdgmdlOw</a> <a href="https://t.co/FlrKO3ryxv">pic.twitter.com/FlrKO3ryxv</a></p>— Baseball America (@BaseballAmerica) <a href="

">March 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought Bundy was very impressive yesterday. His fastball sat 93-95 mph with some good late life, plus it kind of jumps out of his hand and he located it very well. His curve had a nice downward tilt and he was able to throw it for strikes. If he can have that kind of stuff and command consistently, he will certainly be an asset out of the bullpen this year.

That is what folks are missing, Nonetheless. I am glad Bundy is healthy and able to hit 96.

He has an extremely smooth delivery. Gets into a nice rhythm and stays over his front side without over rotating using his powerful lower body to drive towards the target. I might start using him as an example to younger guys.

I used to think the same thing with Arrieta... I don't know if it's just my eyes playing tricks or what. Juan Guzman used to throw what looked like a straight fast ball, and he did well. Tillman's fastball always looks straight to me. I know it matters - but I wonder how much importance movement is, versus delivery/release point, and the other factors that go into it.

When Tillman throws that 4 seem it is dead straight- which is why it is most effective up in the zone.

TIllman does throw that two seemer sometimes, at least he did towards the end of last year when he was most effective and it had run.

I think Bundy has some arm side run on his fastball, but that might be the camera angles I have seen in ST.

Bundy looked real good again!

Agreed, I will not get excited until it's the end of May and he is still pitching.

This year is 95% about health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it worth it to lose a platoon advantage (since we don't have many lefties anyway) and try and get him 2 innings an outing to stretch him out? It'd be nice if he were able to go ~100-120 innings, but those kinds of innings aren't usually available to relievers unless you make an effort.

Is it worth it to lose a platoon advantage (since we don't have many lefties anyway) and try and get him 2 innings an outing to stretch him out? It'd be nice if he were able to go ~100-120 innings, but those kinds of innings aren't usually available to relievers unless you make an effort.

My gut says they won't let him get over 80 innings this year.

My gut says they won't let him get over 80 innings this year.

I don't know if it's even a matter of "let." Only two relievers in MLB had 80+ IP last year. It can be done, but you kind of have to go out of your way to arrange it.

I don't know if it's even a matter of "let." Only two relievers in MLB had 80+ IP last year. It can be done, but you kind of have to go out of your way to arrange it.

Depending on his limit, I could see him making a few spot starts.

Bundy is riding that balancing line some pitchers navigate in spring training. He wants to work on some things when in the game, but also show some results too. What has he been working on?

"I would say location of the pitches, what they are hitting, pitch sequences, spin on the ball, those are important. Tilt, movement, see what the hitters are reacting to.

"Of course you are working on stuff. But if you have bases loaded, you have to get outs instead of working on stuff. For me I was working on some offspeed stuff in some recent outings. Just looking to get my command consistently dialed in. Earlier in camp I was missing just off the plate and up with my fastball. Just need to get that dialed in a little better."

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/03/seeing-a-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-dylan-bundy-is-throwing-well-at-os-camp.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if theres a chance he still starts the season on the DL, not for any real injury, but just for roster moves and to get him a breather. Some people on the inside think that might be the case.Dont be surprised if he has " a little soreness" to start the season.

I wonder if theres a chance he still starts the season on the DL, not for any real injury, but just for roster moves and to get him a breather. Some people on the inside think that might be the case.Dont be surprised if he has " a little soreness" to start the season.

I'd rather not see the Orioles use that gambit. I'd like for Bundy to get as much experience as possible this year. I'm feeling bullish about him after watching Wednesday night's game.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather not see the Orioles use that gambit. I'd like for Bundy to get as much experience as possible this year. I'm feeling bullish about him after watching Wednesday night's game.

I agree. It appears that Bundy can get hitters out. If that is true as the season starts then he can be an asset in the pen.