drdelaware

Dylan Bundy Thread

I wonder if theres a chance he still starts the season on the DL, not for any real injury, but just for roster moves and to get him a breather. Some people on the inside think that might be the case.Dont be surprised if he has " a little soreness" to start the season.

This wouldn't bother me but the over reaction if he comes up with some soreness will be epic. If he is effective as Weams said in another thread in the "Tommy Hunter" role I would be happy. I could also see him coming up with that soreness about June or July taking a couple weeks off then going on a rehab and build up as a starter. Then he could be a real option as a fresh starter in August and September.

This wouldn't bother me but the over reaction if he comes up with some soreness will be epic. If he is effective as Weams said in another thread in the "Tommy Hunter" role I would be happy. I could also see him coming up with that soreness about June or July taking a couple weeks off then going on a rehab and build up as a starter. Then he could be a real option as a fresh starter in August and September.

How does that kind of conversation go? Does Buck have it with Dylan? DD? Brady? It is just hard for me to see who has the discussion about a planned "soreness". I don't think this kind of thing happens particularly with someone like Dylan who has already been through quite a bit as a young athlete.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if it's even a matter of "let." Only two relievers in MLB had 80+ IP last year. It can be done, but you kind of have to go out of your way to arrange it.

It was a round-about way of saying, they will use him as a relief pitcher, probably won't be starting, to limit his innings.

Dave Johnson on Wall to Wall Baseball keep insisting that Bundy's role would be a long man. I had't thought of him in that role to start the season.

What do you think?

Considering Bundy has been used for two innings once this spring, I think he starts in short relief with two inning appearances being an option during the first half. He may be doing three innings by the end of the year, but not to start the season. No way is Bundy throwing more than two innings at a time in April.

Bundy has been a pleasant surprise. He certainly is pitching well.

Not sure how much of a surprise it is, given that he was a number 1 pick and highly touted prospect.

Not sure how much of a surprise it is, given that he was a number 1 pick and highly touted prospect.

Considering he's been dragging his arm around for a couple years as a useless apendage, I'd say it's a pretty pleasant surprise.

• Upvote 1

Considering he's been dragging his arm around for a couple years as a useless apendage, I'd say it's a pretty pleasant surprise.

I agree.

He stranded the bases loaded today which to me is even more impressive. Bundy is making a case for making this team with or with out options available. I understand if he had options he would more likely go down and work his way to be a starting pitcher but if he can get 80 or so successful innings he goes into next year as one of the Orioles starters for 2017.

He stranded the bases loaded today which to me is even more impressive. Bundy is making a case for making this team with or with out options available. I understand if he had options he would more likely go down and work his way to be a starting pitcher but if he can get 80 or so successful innings he goes into next year as one of the Orioles starters for 2017.

Brundy has to make this team, or go on the DL.

Brundy has to make this team, or go on the DL.

Predicting Bundy has at least one start under his belt before the AS break...

I like his efficiency too. It's like 13 pitches or less and bang the inning is over.

"The last four or five times out he’s looked like a major league pitcher."

BS