drdelaware

Dylan Bundy Thread

Yes, it does. A good bit better than Wilson's. Where are all the people who wanted him traded?

I would trade him for a young controllable starting pitcher like Teheran. But I don't think that would be enough, so it's probably not in the cards. I'd say there's a decent chance he ends up in the rotation by the end of this year.

I would trade him for a young controllable starting pitcher like Teheran. But I don't think that would be enough, so it's probably not in the cards. I'd say there's a decent chance he ends up in the rotation by the end of this year.

I wouldnt push him that far. There should be no hurry for that kind of payoff. Now if Bundy says "I can handle a bigger workload" then maybe, but every 6-7 days like he's doing now.

I wouldnt push him that far. There should be no hurry for that kind of payoff. Now if Bundy says "I can handle a bigger workload" then maybe, but every 6-7 days like he's doing now.

Bundy agreed to pitch both games of a double header in high school.

I wouldn't take his word for it.

Bundy agreed to pitch both games of a double header in high school.

I wouldn't take his word for it.

I think they have a handle on it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them increase it towards the end to get him a couple 5 inning starts. They will be more confident as the season continues that he is finally healthy. I'd feel better about him being able to seriously contribute in the rotation next year, though, if they got him to between 100-110 IP this year. I think it's really dependent on his performance and how much they need another arm.

With how good the offense is, the temptation is going to be very strong to move him into the rotation in September if the team looks like it's playoff bound. But it's risky, to say the least.

o

9 OUTS: 4 Strikeouts, 3 Popouts, 1 Groundout, 1 Foulout

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY O (vs. D-RAYS, 6/26)

IP:l 3

H:;; 2 ll(2 Singles)

R:l) 0

BB:)0 *

SO:)4

Pitches: 57 (38 Strikes, 19 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.55

* Bundy had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

21 (13 Strikes, 8 Balls)

13 (10 Strikes, 3 Balls)

23 (15 Strikes, 8 Balls)

This makes me smile. I really have hopes for this kid. He has the ability...fingers crossed.

Night and day difference than beginning of year. A lot of pitches, but man his curve is wicked. Can you imagine once healthy and has his cutter for a full season?

Bundy is really looking good lately, and I am officially excited about the kid again. But, I would not push him or let him over extend. This year is about getting Dylan back on the horse. He should be used like he is now, all season long. Next year, I expect him to compete for, and win a rotation spot. There is no doubt in my mind what his value to this team is, if he can stay healthy. I was not at all confident that we would see this from Dylan ever again, so my happiness meter is pegged.

Yeah....I know what we all think should happen but if he keeps pitching like this while the back end of our rotation sucks.....he will be in the rotation....I agree with Craw

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yeah....I know what we all think should happen but if he keeps pitching like this while the back end of our rotation sucks.....he will be in the rotation....I agree with Craw

I believe that you could argue that he essentially already is in the rotation.

Not officially ..... but if he continues to get at least 4 or 5 days' rest in between outings, and he continues to routinely pitch 3 innings in games in which one of the Orioles' starting pitchers either blow up completely or barely hang in there for 5 innings, then he really is the unofficial 6th man in the rotation ...... he just happens to be getting his work in in the middle and later stages of the games, as opposed to the early stages.

Obviously, you could just as easily say that all I really did just there was describe what a long man's role is in the bullpen ....... but to me, there is something that sets Bundy (and the way in which the Orioles have been using him) apart from just your typical long man. Perhaps it's the fact that the Orioles drafted him with every intention of him becoming a starting pitcher in the Major Leagues, and the fact that they have every intention of treating him that way in 2017 and beyond.

Starting to get a feel for the offspeed stuff and the fastball has been heavy. The K's are happening too. Lots to be encouraged by until we trade him for this year's Scott Feldman.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"As Bundy's pitching routine has stabilized, the right-hander's effectiveness has improved. Bundy has strung together four consecutive scoreless outings, his longest such streak this year. He's also racked up 13 strikeouts during 12 innings in June."

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/06/26/orioles-dylan-bundy-continues-progression-toward-starting-role

If he is on an innings cap which he probably is we need to pace him so we can pitch him in the playoffs (should we make it).