drdelaware

Dylan Bundy Thread

His next two starts will be at home against tough lineups. Col then Tex. For the people that start a new Arrieta thread every loss, this is going to be a tough two games with Bundy and Gausman going back to back.

Oh and that failed starter, Zach Britton, has saves in our last 8 wins.

Colorado outside of Coors averages about 4.15 runs/game. They're hardly a juggernaut.

I like the new ideas coming around baseball regarding the handling of young arms ie checking shoulder mobility and flexibility after starts and sessions to indicate wear and tear and a strict protocol if anything varies from the norm.

I take this as a period of MORE innings pitched on average throughout mlb eventually....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Colorado outside of Coors averages about 4.15 runs/game. They're hardly a juggernaut.

Good. It is the NL. How many first pitch strikes did Bundy throw tonight? Don't know where to see that stat. It seemed like he was only 2/9 the first time through the lineup. He beat a good team tonight, in his 2nd big league start, with poor little FB command in his first 3 innings.

Are his minor league pitch counts available? I'd like to know how close this is to the most pitches he's ever thrown in 1 outing.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=bundy-000dyl&type=pgl&year=2012

His last three in 2012 he threw 96, 97, 97. It looks like they probably limited him to 100 pitches back then. That is probably what they will limit him this year as well. He just hasn't pitched that much since high school. The more experience he gets the better he should be. That is exciting.

• Upvote 1

Really surprised to see 87 pitches. They must really be confident.

Changeup looked fantastic. If he can ever get his curveball and changeup dialed in at the same time, he is going to be unhittable.

I've been saying this for a while. If he gets control of that curve we are watching a true ace develop.

Edited by Satyr3206

I personally think Bundy is throwing his curve too hard. When they bounce that usually means you need to dial it back a few miles an hour.

The most important thing that is happening with the O's today is how does Bundy's arm feel a day after pitching 5 innings.

The most important thing that is happening with the O's today is how does Bundy's arm feel a day after pitching 5 innings.

I'm sure he's fine...the velocity was still there when he was taken out. You can only feel good about things today WC ;)

Which one? Left or right?

I'm sure he's fine...the velocity was still there when he was taken out. You can only feel good about things today WC ;)

I agree. And Roch said Bundy told Buck he wanted to stay in.

I'm not too worried about it. He's progressed the way a pitcher does in spring training, about 15 pitches at a time. I don't think they'll be in a hurry to take him to 100 pitches, but 90-95 next time wouldn't surprise me if he's pitching well.