BaltBird 24

When to throw down, and when not to throw down

Holy crap, am I the only guy here who thinks deviously enough to say "get the girl, exact revenge that way?" I think nothing would be better than to just go right up to her while they are talking and interject (albeit politely) get in on the conversation a bit, then ask if the girl would join you for a moment, you have something to talk to her about. Then you can either do the direct approach and "break the seal" as it were by just gung ho asking her out, or you can go the sideways route (my forte) of asking her what's going on with her and your 'friend.' Thereby you find out what's REALLY going on, not what you speculate (which is what you're doing, my friend), and you also gauge her willingness for both him and you. You can also mention about his man-whoring ways as a precaution

Of course, I'm a Scorpio. Devious and I hold grudges. :D

How about I attempt to get the girl, then beat him down just for thinking that he could cross me like that without me finding out.

No, no, no. In my world, beatdowns are only for the most heinous of crossings, the ones that really screw you up. Messing with somebody's head will usually have much longer lasting effects than mashing them to a pulp. PLUS, if you play it just right, he won't think you screwed him over in return. He knows you want the girl, and if you simply get her, he'll never know what you did, or that you knew what HE did. You can still "use" him, and then later, if you get the chance to dick HIM over, you can, and you can announce why he's getting comeuppance.

I'm devious, but I swear, this crap works. ;)

• Upvote 1

I think I am going to go the mind games route.

I'm going to look him in the eyes, act totally calm and say, 'Justin, if you decide to keep it up, I'm gonna f*** you up.' Then I'm simply going to walk away. Then everytime I see him, I'm going to stare down on him and just look like one of the toughest mofos you never wanted to mess with.

I think I am going to go the mind games route.

I'm going to look him in the eyes, act totally calm and say, 'Justin, if you decide to keep it up, I'm gonna f*** you up.' Then I'm simply going to walk away. Then everytime I see him, I'm going to stare down on him and just look like one of the toughest mofos you never wanted to mess with.

Does he play any sports or anything like that? For example if he plays baseball you could threaten to break his arm so he could never play again. If he really enjoys doing something like that you may scare him so he wont mess with you anymore.

My opinion -- he got shot down.

Here comes Mr Gray Beard...Oh NO! RE-jected!

Clyde, that's GOTTA hurt!

;) He was rejected, Jason. You are free to move in. All good advice ends here....

You Chicks (no offense meant ladies! :) Really!) Always bringing LOGIC and sh!t into this discussion... :rolleyes: You think us guys operate from a logical position??? :P

Beat his azz down. I like the golf solution. I suggest a 5-iron. It has the lift you need for that particular trajectory, and still has the power to inflict damage. :)

The problem with asking her out is that I only see her once in a blue moon.

She works days, right? You could... like.... SHOP there. In the daytime. :) "Oh hi, [girl]. Just happened to be shopping. BTW, would you like to get together sometime?" :cool:

Looks like all that fuss was over nothing, as I got from her friend that she has put both me and the other guy into the 'friends' category. Once you get there, there is no going back. Oh well.

Looks like all that fuss was over nothing, as I got from her friend that she has put both me and the other guy into the 'friends' category. Once you get there, there is no going back. Oh well.

I would still agree with others here.... Talk to HER, not the mutual friend. Only the girl in question will let you know what she means. Don't settle on secondhand info.

Um.... why not make a statement by actually asking her out?

Finally. The voice of reason.

You know you love it when men compete over you....it is in your nature a a woman. It is an inborn trait, however primal.

Competing and beating each other bloody are two different things. I can't stand women who goad men against each other. Gives the rest of us a bad name. I'm sure Witchy would agree.

You Chicks (no offense meant ladies! Really!) Always bringing LOGIC and sh!t into this discussion... You think us guys operate from a logical position???

Beat his azz down. I like the golf solution. I suggest a 5-iron. It has the lift you need for that particular trajectory, and still has the power to inflict damage.

Mm hm. Remember last May? Remember what happened? Remember my reaction? Nuff said.

To the OP: you're really not thinking about it from any perspective but your own. I would give some serious thought to what she wants. From what I can tell, you don't even know. So, talk to her! Don't give up without even trying. And, everything Wedge said. Smart man, that.

I would suggest some of the immature versions of getting revenge. Egg his house, I like the golf ball idea. Only, I would tie him to a basketball pole and use him as the target in which your golf balls. Either that or throw a football at him excessively. It's easy to tie someone to a pole, especially someone that small. All you have to do is get five friends, call him up, say you guys are gonna hang out, take him down to anywhere where you can tie him to a pole where the cops won't be called and practice your target practice on him, he'll get the message. I'd reccomend that over fighting, just because it'll embarass him more because the story will be so much more hillarious versus "I kicked his ass, he rolled on the ground crying and bleeding, the end."

Competing and beating each other bloody are two different things. I can't stand women who goad men against each other. Gives the rest of us a bad name. I'm sure Witchy would agree.

squEEze -- seriously' date=' were we separated at birth?? :D Probably not....since you just had a b-day and mine's (allegedly) still a couple months away. :D

One of my friends, Kathy, and I agonize over chicks like that. We call them "hair flippers". :D We'll see them exhibit some beeyotch-like behavior and we're like "Chicks like that just give us a baaaaaaaaddddd name." It's no wonder she and I can't find men -- we're actually nice (and independent chicks to boot). For some bizarre reason, men seem to want some hateful beeeyotch who needs every blessed thing done for them. :rolleyes:

(I think I just ventured into major rant territory. Sorry.)

Baltbird -- don't give up. Some of us put guys in the "friends" category as a safety mechanism. The "friends" category is a good non-pressure way to get to know someone better before you move into the "more than friends" category.

Don't let her play you against this other guy though. Could be she's a "hair flipper" -- watch out for that. See.....this is were the "friends" category works for you, too. You're friends with her, find out she's a hair flipper, and don't pursue any further. ;) Or, you find out she's a great girl, she finds out your a great guy and VOILA. :D

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

[i']Witchy[/i]