BaltBird 24

When to throw down, and when not to throw down

*updated somewhat*

I was talking to her friend today. Here's what went down.....

Friend: Has Dana texted you back?

Me: No

F: She texted me back

M: Well she likes you

F: She likes you, too

I don't know what to take of this. Later on her friend sent me a message about how she had just got off the phone with Dana.

Why does this stuff have to be so complicating?

She also mentioned how the girl thought it was pretty messed up that the other guy would ask her out, considering he was my "best" (she was wrong on that) friend and all.

Man, I've been on here for a long time and I've been missing the best part of this website the ENTIRE TIME!

Well, I don't have a whole lot of advice for you except this : Next time, do the askin on your own. I would have to imagine that most women, when asked by a male if they are single, would tend to believe that the male that was doing the asking was behind the inquiry. Wow, that even confused me.

*updated somewhat*

I was talking to her friend today. Here's what went down.....

Friend: Has Dana texted you back?

Me: No

F: She texted me back

M: Well she likes you

F: She likes you, too

I don't know what to take of this. Later on her friend sent me a message about how she had just got off the phone with Dana.

Why does this stuff have to be so complicating?

It's not complicated. You just make it complicated.

Friend: "Dana likes you."

You: "Does she 'like me' like me or just 'like me?'

Friend: "You should ask her out."

You: "I really like her too."

Friend: You should ask her out.

You: "I really don't run into her that often. I'm gonna get my buddy to talk to her."

For the love of God man....ASK HER OUT!

Here's a revolutionary idea:

TALK TO THE GIRL!!!

All of your comments are saying you talked to her friend or text messaged her and all this nonsense. Just go freakin' talk to her. If you don't see her very often at work, make it a point to go back there sometime and talk to her while she's working. Go in an hour before she gets off and talk to her and ask her to go do something after. You can always use the excuse of picking up a paycheck or whatever if the meeting goes bad. Be casual, but specific.

I'd forget about kicking you buddy's a** for now. Just work on the girl. Your friend made a douchebag move, but now its open season on the lady. Getting her anyways when he's screwed you over would be much more satisfying than knocking him around.

I'm gone in two weeks anyways (tired of retail), so I might as well go out with a bang.

That's exactly why you should be focusing on the girl.

• Upvote 1

People on this thread seem to know more about the Orioles than they do about life. Sure, fights were a great way to get attention when we were all twelve or thirteen. If you're interested in someone, let them know PERSONALLY by showing a little attention to them, complimenting them on something they're wearing, or the way they look. Be truthful about the compliment but with certain reservations. "Nice t#ts"..."nice a*s" don't usually pan out as compliments go. If you don't have the confidence to approach someone casually to talk, you're in for a long, sad haul in life, waiting for someone else to do what you yourself should be doing....finding out if a person you're attracted to is interested in you. Women these days aren't all stupid. Most of them can pick up the "interested vibe" in us. The trick is to be comfortable enough in social situations with them (and yourself) while trying to figure out how interested they are in us. Do you get burned from time to time going about it this way? Sometimes in five seconds or less. But it sure beats waiting around for some bozo "friend" to cover territory for you that you should be able to handle, or learn to handle, by yourself. Don't be so fragile, man...

• Upvote 1

By any chance do you have a pic of her so we can tell you if it's worth it or not? :D;)

On the serious side though. Jason, here's my words of wisdom. I parapharse from my favorite movie. Jason, do you like the girl? Yeah, and is she worth all this trouble? Well, she is or she isn't. See first of all, he is not half the man you are. Secondly, don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. Go for it.

By any chance do you have a pic of her so we can tell you if it's worth it or not? :D;)

On the serious side though. Jason, here's my words of wisdom. I parapharse from my favorite movie. Jason, do you like the girl? Yeah, and is she worth all this trouble? Well, she is or she isn't. See first of all, he is not half the man you are. Secondly, don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. Go for it.

Wow! "10 Things I Hate About You" Good advice!

People on this thread seem to know more about the Orioles than they do about life. Sure, fights were a great way to get attention when we were all twelve or thirteen. If you're interested in someone, let them know PERSONALLY by showing a little attention to them, complimenting them on something they're wearing, or the way they look. Be truthful about the compliment but with certain reservations. "Nice t#ts"..."nice a*s" don't usually pan out as compliments go. If you don't have the confidence to approach someone casually to talk, you're in for a long, sad haul in life, waiting for someone else to do what you yourself should be doing....finding out if a person you're attracted to is interested in you. Women these days aren't all stupid. Most of them can pick up the "interested vibe" in us. The trick is to be comfortable enough in social situations with them (and yourself) while trying to figure out how interested they are in us. Do you get burned from time to time going about it this way? Sometimes in five seconds or less. But it sure beats waiting around for some bozo "friend" to cover territory for you that you should be able to handle, or learn to handle, by yourself. Don't be so fragile, man...

Well said.

Was it a underhanded thing for your friend to do? Sure. Do you have a right to be annoyed? Absolutely.

But you brought some of this on yourself by bringing him into the picture in the first place.

I'm beginning to think he sensed that you would lack the nerve to approach the girl yourself and decided to take matters into his own hands.

I've seen a pic. She's a total hottie.