calmunderfire

Hoping we drill some guys in the letters

They were talking about that over on the Royals board that Hosmer and Perez at least looked visibly unhappy with Ventura. You'd have to think they defended him up top, but the leaders got at him in the clubhouse and chewed him out.

That's what started the Harper-Paplebon mess. Paplebon threw at Manny and Bryce knew he was going to wear one. Hosmer had to be thinking the same thing.

Everyone seems ok with Mannys tantrum, even if it costs a suspension. Manny and Buck talked about Manny getting hit before the at bat so they both had time to do a cost/benefit analysis of the various reactions. O's would have been better off had manny stayed put and than os pitchers retaliating

"Tantrum", 99 in the kidneys doesn't feel great. He learned his lesson, he should have done that to Donaldson two years ago.

Label Manny all you want. But keep in mind that not too many pitchers are going to want to hit Chris Davis. He's a big dude. Davis is the incredible hulk. Jones is a baseball ambassador. That means the target is on Manny's back.

Everyone seems ok with Mannys tantrum, even if it costs a suspension. Manny and Buck talked about Manny getting hit before the at bat so they both had time to do a cost/benefit analysis of the various reactions. O's would have been better off had manny stayed put and than os pitchers retaliating

It wasn't a tantrum.

He got drilled with a 99 MPH fastball in the back.

He didn't take his bat with him to the mound.

It wasn't a tantrum.

I'm just saying that since there was a discussion, they could have done something better for the team. I don't blame Manny, his reaction was understandable. However, there was a better option available

I thought the three HRs the O's hit after the brawl were the perfect response. I'd like to see more of that today than one of our guys earning an ejection/suspension. Get revenge between the lines.

Manny would have gotten more disrespect from his peers if he had done nothing. And that's been confirmed by baseball people. You should have heard FP Santangelo (sp?) talking about it during the Nats game last night.

I think Manny did the Royals a favor in that because he rushed the mound, the O's won't be obligated to retaliate by hitting a Royal. And I hope that's the case.

I thought the three HRs the O's hit after the brawl were the perfect response. I'd like to see more of that today than one of our guys earning an ejection/suspension. Get revenge between the lines.

Exactly. That's what winners do.

Manny would have gotten more disrespect from his peers if he had done nothing. And that's been confirmed by baseball people. You should have heard FP Santangelo (sp?) talking about it during the Nats game last night.

I think Manny did the Royals a favor in that because he rushed the mound, the O's won't be obligated to retaliate by hitting a Royal. And I hope that's the case.

Buck has stated multiple times over the years, that he doesn't play that game of retaliation.

I'm just saying that since there was a discussion, they could have done something better for the team. I don't blame Manny, his reaction was understandable. However, there was a better option available

Best thing that could have happened to the O's. We're too thin with pitching to lose anyone. Manny won over more fans for this than gaining more people that will just use this to go with the "he's a punk" narrative. Plus this can only help team chemistry and the O's get a chance to show off how much they have Manny's back. Any little thing to help with that extension.

Buck has stated multiple times over the years, that he doesn't play that game of retaliation.

At some point, EVERYONE retaliates. If Manny hadn't gone out there, there's no question in my mind that somebody on KC would get hit in retaliation.

"Tantrum", 99 in the kidneys doesn't feel great. He learned his lesson, he should have done that to Donaldson two years ago.

Label Manny all you want. But keep in mind that not too many pitchers are going to want to hit Chris Davis. He's a big dude. Davis is the incredible hulk. Jones is a baseball ambassador. That means the target is on Manny's back.

Good post. Manny is far and away the #1 target.

1. He's the best player on the team.

2. Jones is too respected around the league to be plunked.

3. Chris Davis is just too damn big to be plunking like that.

Agreed. I would have preferred if Manny hadn't stormed the mound solely because of the indefinite suspension. Would gets back to the point of the thread. Our pitchers need to drill somebody in the letters. Preferably Cain and Homser. And maybe do it a couple times because we're not ****ing around with this hitting our best players stuff.

It wasn't a tantrum.

I don't thin k that it was a tantrum, either.

calmunderfire said:

I don't like them throwing at our best player in two separate consecutive AB's. And now he's going to be suspended for a handful of games, maybe more.

We're winning big now.

Sad thing is we're pussies when it comes to beanball retaliation. I've watched the O's get drilled over and over and over through the years and all we do is jog to first. And then our pitchers never back our guys up, never. The most we'll do is wait to 2 outs and bases empty and then throw at somebody's calf. That's all we ever do.

Destroy somebody. It needs to be done.

o

You are the same person that started this thread 3 weeks ago:

How are Players Allowed to Punch other Players and not Face Legal Consequences?

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/153074-How-are-players-allowed-to-punch-other-players-and-not-face-legal-consequences

And now, you are calling the Orioles ......

calmunderfire said:

Sad thing is, we're pussies when it comes to beanball retaliation.

Do you care to explain this ???

3 weeks ago you were Mahatma Gandhi, and now you are a bloodthirsty tyrant that is calling the Orioles a feminine/sexual slur for being what you perceive to be too passive.

o

• Upvote 2