calmunderfire

Hoping we drill some guys in the letters

No they say hey this is what happens when our pitcher keeps drilling the opposing teams best player.

That's how to handle it. You drill our best we go high on yours. See how quickly that ends it.

That's how you create nasty rivalries, like the Rangers and the Jays. You want your rivalries to be more like Pittsburgh Baltimore, where there is a mutual respect between both teams

No they say hey this is what happens when our pitcher keeps drilling the opposing teams best player.

That's how to handle it. You drill our best we go high on yours. See how quickly that ends it.

It doesn't end. Hot heads don't just accept the score being settled.

Not quickly at all. It'll end with Orioles on the DL, or worse. You probably don't remember when the closest Cal ever came to ending the streak was when he got hurt in a stupid brawl.

You hit Cain and the first thing Ventura thinks is "101 mph to someone's skull, baby! Just as soon as I get off suspension it's go time!"

The league obviously can't reign in Ventura. So let Cain do it. The rule should be this: drill our best player and Cain takes one to the upper back. See how Cain likes that.

The ravings of a madman because Lorenzo Cain had nothing to do with any part of the original play also the Baltimore Orioles are not a police force.

See how the Royals and Ned Yost like that. Ventura stops that crap real quick then.

I doubt he likes any part of this if only on the basis of he needs that idiot to keep his **** together because they're flailing for a playoff spot. Ned Yost generally seems like a moron but I give him enough credit to think he was pissed off as soon as the ball left Ventura's hand. You think we can't afford this crap? Right now they REALLY can't afford it.

That's how you create nasty rivalries, like the Rangers and the Jays. You want your rivalries to be more like Pittsburgh Baltimore, where there is a mutual respect between both teams

That would make sense if they were both at fault. But Ventura is clearly in the wrong here.

He bears the responsibility. He's intentionally hitting people while unprovoked. Everybody sees it.

Well then Cain goes on the DL and Ventura gets ostracized. You can't just let people sucker you.

That would make sense if they were both at fault. But Ventura is clearly in the wrong here.

He bears the responsibility. He's intentionally hitting people while unprovoked. Everybody sees it.

Not saying you're wrong there. That's obviously what happened, but it's more admirable to take the high road than to sink to the level of your enemy. Just beat them up on the scoreboard, and then smile as they get angrier cause you're beating them silly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not sure who got beat worse, Ventura by Manny, or the Royals on the scoreboard. O's MURDER the Royals. <a href="https://t.co/mZCR4It08K">pic.twitter.com/mZCR4It08K</a></p>— Eroc RDT (@BarstoolRDT) <a href="

">June 8, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm out. (h/t <a href="https://twitter.com/nick_pants">@nick_pants</a>) <a href="https://t.co/3lx2UtsZl3">pic.twitter.com/3lx2UtsZl3</a></p>— Orioles Fan Problems (@OriolesFanProbz) <a href="

">June 8, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Who cares? Everyone in the sport knows Ventura did it on purpose. Johnny Cochrane couldn't get him out of this.

AND he has a track record for this behavior...suspended 7 games last year for throwing at batters across 2 separate series.

Umpires can't allow it to get to the breaking point.

No they don't. They pass it down to their children.

It's not the players job to retaliate. It's the league's job to come down hard. I would like to see this guy get 30 games.

The problem with the league is that Ventura isn't going to get suspended until the whole thing blows up. Then you end up with a lopsided supsension that hurts the batter more than the pitcher.

In cases like this (where Ventura already has a history of going after batters, including Manny) the batter should just get a one game suspension. Honestly, you'd probably see batters get way more aggressive with punks and that's probably what we need to stop this nonsense.