calmunderfire

Hoping we drill some guys in the letters

A lot of people are missing the point. Manny is our best player, What if he got hit in the head tonight? Or the knee? You have to stand up for your teammates because MLB doesn't suspend certain pitchers long enough for it to be a deterrent. And I'm very surprised no one mentioned when Markakis got knocked out of the Playoffs. In certain cases you have to retaliate or the other team will keep testing you until you do. Ask anyone that has played at higher levels.

AND he has a track record for this behavior...suspended 7 games last year for throwing at batters across 2 separate series.

Umpires can't allow it to get to the breaking point.

The umpires and league have allowed it to spiral out of control. It's up to the players to police Ventura. And the most effective way to do that is to drill Cain repeatedly until Ventura either stops beaning people or is released.

By the way...I haven't heard anyone mention this, but look at the replay closely. Ventura throws the first punch. Manny put up both arms to block and Ventura missed badly with a right cross.

That might also have a factor in lessening Manny's suspension.

Buck asked if he was disappointed in how Manny reacted: "No."

Was just about to post that. Also made a little comment about Ventura consistently getting away with it and how it must be "condoned."

Times like these I love buck.

I'm just amused that the OP wants retaliation, all the while posting under the name 'calmunderfire'

He's Cal ...... Cal Munderfire.

I don't condone this type of thing. I don't want the O's to retaliate.

But I can't be mad at Manny for his reaction.

It was a 99 MPH fastball. A little higher it could've hit his ribs or his elbow. A 99 MPH fastball could've broken either.

After the two pitches before and Ventura's past, I don't see how else you could feel about this.

Ironically, Buck said it looked like Ventura shook off a curve ball to throw the FB. It was pre meditated. Let's sweep them please. I hate the Royals.