PressBoxOnline

Orioles Rip Royals' Yordano Ventura After Benches-Clearing Brawl

Im not a betting guy, but I suspect that while the Orioles have talked to a ton of GMs on every SP available, I really doubt that they discussed Ventura.

Did anyone catch Ned Yost's mealy-mouthed responses to the questions about Ventura in the post-game presser? You could tell he didn't want to support what Ventura had done, without directly calling him out. First time I can ever remember MASN showing a part of the opposing manager's presser on the post-game show.

Did anyone catch Ned Yost's mealy-mouthed responses to the questions about Ventura in the post-game presser? You could tell he didn't want to support what Ventura had done, without directly calling him out. First time I can ever remember MASN showing a part of the opposing manager's presser on the post-game show.

You could tell he wasn't happy but didn't want to throw a player on his own team under the bus.

He did admit that the team might be getting frustrated. I was surprised by that. The body language of a lot of their players seemed to indicate that as well.

I would be interested in Ventura. Orioles probably don't have what it takes but this kind of stuff was said about Pedro too.

Pedro hit other teams players to protect his own teammates.

I think that is different, than plunking a guy, because he "showed" you up.

Granted, Yost was in a bad situation caused by his pitcher, but... his comments were pathetic and indicative of the enabling attitude that's allowed Ventura to keep on doing this crap. He said his pitcher was just throwing inside, and Manny was completely unreasonable to complain about it. Then Yost said there was no way to tell if Ventura intentionally hit Manny, and it was ridiculous to just assume it didn't slip out of Ventura's hand. At some point, just don't answer the question, rather than lie and insult our intelligence.

Granted, Yost was in a bad situation caused by his pitcher, but... his comments were pathetic and indicative of the enabling attitude that's allowed Ventura to keep on doing this crap. He said his pitcher was just throwing inside, and Manny was completely unreasonable to complain about it. Then Yost said there was no way to tell if Ventura intentionally hit Manny, and it was ridiculous to just assume it didn't slip out of Ventura's hand. At some point, just don't answer the question, rather than lie and insult our intelligence.

Granted, I dont condone lying, but at this point, unless you throw your guy under the bus, what do you come out and say?

I will take Yost to task for not having a better control over his team, they are involved in way too many bench clearing brawls.

Granted, I dont condone lying, but at this point, unless you throw your guy under the bus, what do you come out and say?

I will take Yost to task for not having a better control over his team, they are involved in way too many bench clearing brawls.

You don't answer the question instead of lie - and not just lie, but lie as if you're insulted by the question - as Yost did. Say something like - We will look at this internally and handle it internally.

o

The broadcaster in Kansas City Sports Radio is asserting that the criticism of Yordano Ventura is racially/ethnically charged.

He stated that when Nolan Ryan and Kyle Farnsworth threw at batters that it was "part of the game", and that because they were big ol' white country boys, they were not taken to task for it.

Now, with Ventura, he (the KC sprtscaster) is saying that people are up in arms, saying that what Ventura does has no part in the game ...... and the reason for this is that Ventura is perceived as a hot-headed Latin guy, as opposed to Nolan Ryan, Kyle Farnsworth, etc.

o

The broadcaster in Kansas City Sports Radio is asserting that the criticism of Yordano Ventura is racially/ethnically charged.

He stated that when Nolan Ryan and Kyle Farnsworth threw at batters that it was "part of the game", and that because they were big ol' white country boys, they were not taken to task for it.

Now, with Ventura, he (the KC sprtscaster) is saying that people are up in arms, saying that what Ventura does has no part in the game ...... and the reason for this is that Ventura is perceived as a hot-headed Latin guy, as opposed to Nolan Ryan, Kyle Farnsworth, etc.

That's so weak by the KC broadcaster. It completely ignores that Ventura is involved over and over (I read somewhere today that he's hit 12 guys since early last season) in such incidents, even three straight starts in April 2015. When someone can't think of a way to defend someone's actions, they desperately reach for the first race card at hand. That's so disingenuous and is an insult to real race relations discussions. I supposed that makes Manny a racist and anyone who defended him on air last night (Adam, Ubaldo, Buck).

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 1

That's so weak by the KC broadcaster. It completely ignores that Ventura in involved over and over (I read somewhere today that he's hit 12 guys since early last season) in such incidents, even three straight starts in April 2015. When someone can't think of a way to defend someone's actions, they desperately reach for the first race card at hand. That's so disingenuous and is an insult to real race relations discussions. I supposed that makes Manny a racist and anyone who defended him on air last night (Adam, Ubaldo, Buck).

Well said. This is so weak. Manny is not secretly hispanic.

P.s. must spread rep...