weams

2016 Oriole Draft Tracker

These are both strange cases. Moseley was relegated to a middle relief role with not a ton of success, according to the stats. One wouldn't necessarily assume he's an underslot, but maybe he's ready to start his professional career instead of spending another college season as a reliever. I'm guessing the Orioles will have an agreement with him for something underslot as soon as the CWS is over. Safe to say, the Orioles have a good idea of what Hanifee is asking. He was born in Maryland and lived here for eight years and is still a big Orioles fan. I'm not suggesting that means he'll give them a huge bargain, nor should he. But it gives me confidence he's been straightforward about what it will take to get him signed.

I'm not concerned about Hanifee signing. I think the O's know his number and I think he'll stick to it. I'm just not sure that number will be below slot value. Moseley was looked at as a possible first-day pick before the season, so maybe he wants more than eighth-round money, or maybe he thinks he can improve his stock if he goes back to school. I think the most likely scenario is both sign for around slot, but we can't get ahead of ourselves in projecting any savings for the top ten rounds.

I'm not concerned about Hanifee signing. I think the O's know his number and I think he'll stick to it. I'm just not sure that number will be below slot value. Moseley was looked at as a possible first-day pick before the season, so maybe he wants more than eighth-round money, or maybe he thinks he can improve his stock if he goes back to school. I think the most likely scenario is both sign for around slot, but we can't get ahead of ourselves in projecting any savings for the top ten rounds.

Hanifee has signed. (pending a physical I presume). http://www.whsv.com/content/sports/Hanifee-chases-dreams-with-Orioles--383527561.html

• Upvote 2

That leaves #5 (Torres), #7 (Palmeior), and #9 (Mosely) as unsigned picks in the top 10 according to reports. Looks like #11 is better than 50/50 to sign.

Jr. Zach Muckenhirn likely to sign w/ Baltimore: "I am comfortable knowing a North Dakota uniform is the last college uniform I'll put on."

Thank you everyone for the overwhelming support! Can't wait to see what lies ahead. Thank you to the Orioles for the opportunity!

From June 11 and June 12 on his Twitter account.

• Upvote 1

That leaves #5 (Torres), #7 (Palmeior), and #9 (Mosely) as unsigned picks in the top 10 according to reports. Looks like #11 is better than 50/50 to sign.

Jr. Zach Muckenhirn likely to sign w/ Baltimore: "I am comfortable knowing a North Dakota uniform is the last college uniform I'll put on."

Thank you everyone for the overwhelming support! Can't wait to see what lies ahead. Thank you to the Orioles for the opportunity!

From June 11 and June 12 on his Twitter account.

Another Zach! Let's revenge the Curse of the Davies! :clap3:

Here are the deets on the Austin Hays deal:

Jim Callis @jimcallisMLB

3rd-rder Austin Hays signs w/@Orioles for $665,800 (pick 91 value). Jacksonville OF, fits in RF w/power potential & strong arm. @MLBDraft

https://twitter.com/jimcallisMLB/status/744952096806543360

Nice job the the front office to get these guys signed quickly. Most of the important picks are signed now, in my opinion. Anything else is just a bonus.

Nice job the the front office to get these guys signed quickly. Most of the important picks are signed now, in my opinion. Anything else is just a bonus.

I'd like to see them get Alex Torres, the shortstop from Puerto Rico signed. Outside of Chance Sisco and Ryan Mountcastle, is there a hitter in this organization that really excites you. Maybe Jomar Reyes, but little after those three.

I'd like to see them get Alex Torres, the shortstop from Puerto Rico signed. Outside of Chance Sisco and Ryan Mountcastle, is there a hitter in this organization that really excites you. Maybe Jomar Reyes, but little after those three.

Since Jomar had his hamate broken, I'm not optimistic.

Since Jomar had his hamate broken, I'm not optimistic.

team	lg	level	        .g	ab	r	h	tb	2b	3b	hr	rbi	bb	ibb	so	sb	cs	avg	obp	slg	ops	go/ao2016	fre	car	a+	64	230	26	53	77	8	2	4	25	18	0	53	1	0	.230	.284	.335	.619	1.35