weams

2016 Oriole Draft Tracker

Might be a reason that a guy with a 98 mph fastball lasted until the 13th rd. Unreasonable demands. I don't know much about the draft. But if he was going to sign for 10-20k then he would have probably been drafted in the the first 10 rounds. Since his family has money he has more leverage than the usual 22 year old, 5th year Sr.

I agree and I bet he eventually signs for $100K. He probably fell because he was looking for more than that.

If I'm not mistaken, we're still paying his father some cash every year, right?

Mets now. We are done.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Orioles have signed one additional selection from the 2016 First-Year Player Draft: RHP Tobias Myers (6).</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guess it is 100% official now.

Ryan Moseley

@Ryan2Moseley

John 3:30|Work hard, stay humble|#WreckEm|Orioles Organization

ClsLHV0UsAEzM6j.jpg

Edited by weams

Matthias Dietz is officially an Oriole, per his Twitter account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, he was was the important one as he was unprotected.

July 15th is fast approaching. So happy the moved up the deadline date for signing. I am guessing only Bonilla is not held to this date as he cannot go back to college, correct?

• Upvote 1

Official details on Ryan Moseley deal:

Jim Callis

‏@jimcallisMLB

8th-rder Ryan Moseley inks w/@Orioles, $150k (pick 241 = $179k). Texas Tech RHP, potential 1st-rder before rough year, power sink. @MLBDraft

• Upvote 1

Surprised Palmeiro and Bonilla haven't signed yet. Bonilla must not want to be a pro because at 22-years old, he has no leverage. Either you want to give pro ball or not. As for Palmeiro, not sure what the hold up is here is well. Who knows, maybe he knows he's really a tweener guy and wants to get his degree. Unless he adds magic power like his Dad did in his senior year next year, he will get drafted lower or become a $10,00 senior sign in order to save some draft pool money for some team.

I know they both come from wealthy families so maybe that desire to go into the minors and work their way up isn't appealing.

Surprised Palmeiro and Bonilla haven't signed yet. Bonilla must not want to be a pro because at 22-years old, he has no leverage. Either you want to give pro ball or not. As for Palmeiro, not sure what the hold up is here is well. Who knows, maybe he knows he's really a tweener guy and wants to get his degree. Unless he adds magic power like his Dad did in his senior year next year, he will get drafted lower or become a $10,00 senior sign in order to save some draft pool money for some team.

I know they both come from wealthy families so maybe that desire to go into the minors and work their way up isn't appealing.

I read an in depth article on Raffy that said he isn't doing that well financially. He lost money on some real estate ventures and the depression he had from the steroid fallout left him floundering. I don't know if that's entirely true, but it sounded like the family was not as well off as one would think. Now the Bonilla's that sounds like a whole different story.

Steve Melewski

‏@masnSteve

O's have agreements with 16th rnd LH Willie Rios (for $107,300), rnd 22 P Nick Gruener and rnd 40 P Joe Johnson. 31 in the fold.

Other interesting stuff from Steve today:

---Palmeiro is in town for a physical but not a done deal.

---Blohm not likely signing with the O's

---Signing deadline doesn't apply to Bonilla because he's a 5th year Senior. He can sign up until next year's draft.

https://twitter.com/masnSteve?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Steve Melewski

‏@masnSteve

O's have agreements with 16th rnd LH Willie Rios (for $107,300), rnd 22 P Nick Gruener and rnd 40 P Joe Johnson. 31 in the fold.

Other interesting stuff from Steve today:

---Palmeiro is in town for a physical but not a done deal.

---Blohm not likely signing with the O's

---Signing deadline doesn't apply to Bonilla because he's a 5th year Senior. He can sign up until next year's draft.

https://twitter.com/masnSteve?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Nothing surprising here. If Palmeiro is taking a physical then a deal will get done. Once there was no money left there was no way that Blohm was going to signh and honestly, going to college for him is probably the right move at this juncture. I think he will end up a good one three years from now but it's probably in his best interest to head to College Park for 3 years and see where he's at. As for Bonilla, I'd give him a $10K bonus offer and tell him every week after 15 July it goes down $1K. Either he wants to pitch professionally or not. There's a reason he was 12th round pick and although there's some upside because of the velocity, it doesn't justify giving a 22-year old with no leverage anything more.