Jump to content
Norfolk orioles

Updates on Hunter Harvey

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

I did not say Givens was the Orioles best pitcher. 

In that case, I misunderstood your comment. Sorry, I thought you were suggesting exactly that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

The solo home run that Harvey ceded was the 1st Earned Run of his young MLB career.

 

 

3 OUTS: ) 2 Strikeouts, 1 Groundout

 

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. ROYALS, 8/31)

IP:ll.1

H:lllll 1 ) (1 Home Run)

R:lllll 1

BB:lll1

SO:lll2

Pitches: )l 23 (14 )Strikes,  ))Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 1.80  )l  5.00 IP  (1 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.400  )l  5.00 P  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .167 )l (3 for 18)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

23 ll(14 llStrikes, llllllBalls)

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still looked good. The HR allowed was up and out over the plate and Dozier got extended. Nibbled a bit after that, but hey he stayed out of the middle of the plate. Settled down and finished strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the HR, he started with an inside breaking ball on the first pitch.  Once I saw Sisco call for the outside fastball, my first thought was, he knows that pitch is coming and he's going to hit it hard.  I would have called for another breaking ball, probably in the bottom part of the zone/dirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

On the HR, he started with an inside breaking ball on the first pitch.  Once I saw Sisco call for the outside fastball, my first thought was, he knows that pitch is coming and he's going to hit it hard.  I would have called for another breaking ball, probably in the bottom part of the zone/dirt.

The fastball was right in the center of the zone. It's natural destination was somewhere high and far. A better located pitch would have been been more difficult to barrel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those looking for Hunter Harvey. From the Sun:

Hyde was asked Sunday why Harvey didn't pitch in the four-game series with Texas: "He’s OK. I was just giving him a break. He should be OK in the Dodgers series." Today: "He should be OK. ... He had a little bit of soreness, and we just wanted to stay away from him for a while.”

Hunter Harvey, who hasn’t pitched in a week and is throwing a bullpen today, has dealt with “a little bit of soreness,” Brandon Hyde said. He would not specify where that soreness was.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

For those looking for Hunter Harvey. From the Sun:

Hyde was asked Sunday why Harvey didn't pitch in the four-game series with Texas: "He’s OK. I was just giving him a break. He should be OK in the Dodgers series." Today: "He should be OK. ... He had a little bit of soreness, and we just wanted to stay away from him for a while.”

Hunter Harvey, who hasn’t pitched in a week and is throwing a bullpen today, has dealt with “a little bit of soreness,” Brandon Hyde said. He would not specify where that soreness was.

 

 

Hate it when this happens!  I fear a shutdown after MRI results. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Hate it when this happens!  I fear a shutdown after MRI results. 

These days, I dont care who the pitcher is, but, when you hear words like soreness.

You automatically jump to the worst case, and assume he is done for this year, and maybe even next.

Not picking on you Bob, but, this is the current state of mind, in all the fans. IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holding my breath.  Obviously if it's around the elbow he's screwed.  

I was pleased to see that he looked like he had bulked up some.  He's not a stringbean anymore.  Hopefully that cushions him from being so delicate but I guess we have to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think of the 33 pitch inning he had against the Nats.

sportsfan8703 is nodding his head somewhere!

Hopefully it’s nothing significant.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, interloper said:

The fact that Hyde didn't specify where the soreness was located means it's 100% located in the arm or elbow or shoulder. 

I mean, right?

I'd say so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

sportsfan8703 is nodding his head somewhere!

Hopefully it’s nothing significant.   

Meanwhile, a good majority of Birdland is holding their breath, waiting to see what happens next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...