Norfolk orioles

Updates on Hunter Harvey

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

I did not say Givens was the Orioles best pitcher. 

In that case, I misunderstood your comment. Sorry, I thought you were suggesting exactly that.

o

The solo home run that Harvey ceded was the 1st Earned Run of his young MLB career.

3 OUTS: ) 2 Strikeouts, 1 Groundout

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. ROYALS, 8/31)

IP:ll.1

H:lllll 1 ) (1 Home Run)

R:lllll 1

BB:lll1

SO:lll2

Pitches: )l 23 (14 )Strikes,  ))Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 1.80  )l  5.00 IP  (1 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.400  )l  5.00 P  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .167 )l (3 for 18)

PITCHES BY INNING

23 ll(14 llStrikes, llllllBalls)

o

Still looked good. The HR allowed was up and out over the plate and Dozier got extended. Nibbled a bit after that, but hey he stayed out of the middle of the plate. Settled down and finished strong.

On the HR, he started with an inside breaking ball on the first pitch.  Once I saw Sisco call for the outside fastball, my first thought was, he knows that pitch is coming and he's going to hit it hard.  I would have called for another breaking ball, probably in the bottom part of the zone/dirt.

12 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

On the HR, he started with an inside breaking ball on the first pitch.  Once I saw Sisco call for the outside fastball, my first thought was, he knows that pitch is coming and he's going to hit it hard.  I would have called for another breaking ball, probably in the bottom part of the zone/dirt.

The fastball was right in the center of the zone. It's natural destination was somewhere high and far. A better located pitch would have been been more difficult to barrel. 

For those looking for Hunter Harvey. From the Sun:

Hyde was asked Sunday why Harvey didn't pitch in the four-game series with Texas: "He’s OK. I was just giving him a break. He should be OK in the Dodgers series." Today: "He should be OK. ... He had a little bit of soreness, and we just wanted to stay away from him for a while.”

Hunter Harvey, who hasn’t pitched in a week and is throwing a bullpen today, has dealt with “a little bit of soreness,” Brandon Hyde said. He would not specify where that soreness was.

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

For those looking for Hunter Harvey. From the Sun:

Hyde was asked Sunday why Harvey didn't pitch in the four-game series with Texas: "He’s OK. I was just giving him a break. He should be OK in the Dodgers series." Today: "He should be OK. ... He had a little bit of soreness, and we just wanted to stay away from him for a while.”

Hunter Harvey, who hasn’t pitched in a week and is throwing a bullpen today, has dealt with “a little bit of soreness,” Brandon Hyde said. He would not specify where that soreness was.

Hate it when this happens!  I fear a shutdown after MRI results. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Hate it when this happens!  I fear a shutdown after MRI results. 

These days, I dont care who the pitcher is, but, when you hear words like soreness.

You automatically jump to the worst case, and assume he is done for this year, and maybe even next.

Not picking on you Bob, but, this is the current state of mind, in all the fans. IMO

Holding my breath.  Obviously if it's around the elbow he's screwed.  

I was pleased to see that he looked like he had bulked up some.  He's not a stringbean anymore.  Hopefully that cushions him from being so delicate but I guess we have to see.

45 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think of the 33 pitch inning he had against the Nats.

sportsfan8703 is nodding his head somewhere!

Hopefully it’s nothing significant.   

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

The fact that Hyde didn't specify where the soreness was located means it's 100% located in the arm or elbow or shoulder. 

I mean, right?

I'd say so.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

sportsfan8703 is nodding his head somewhere!

Hopefully it’s nothing significant.   

Meanwhile, a good majority of Birdland is holding their breath, waiting to see what happens next.