Norfolk orioles

Updates on Hunter Harvey

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Maybe.    I’m not going to dispute that you could be right.    But I don’t know that I’d call his most recent two outings a regression.   He struck out 3 of the 6 batters he faced.    The game where he only faced one batter, that was because Hyde brought him in with 2 outs in the 8th, and then used his closer in the 9th in a tie game on the road.   Hard to know if Hyde only used Harvey for one batter due to arm soreness, or whether it was just tactical.

Personally, and I have no insider knowledge.

I would hope that if Hyde knew about the soreness, why even run him out there?

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

You sound like you are defending the high pitch count.   I really don't want to be attacking here.  I just hope he is alright.

Thanks, I don’t really want to argue it either.   As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I didn’t see that game and didn’t really have an opinion as to whether Harvey should have been pulled sooner.    Nor do I know whether his current arm soreness is related to that outing.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thanks, I don’t really want to argue it either.   As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I didn’t see that game and didn’t really have an opinion as to whether Harvey should have been pulled sooner.    Nor do I know whether his current arm soreness is related to that outing.   

Im torn, I dont want to defend or attack it, as I think its too early to tell if that was the issue.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I watched the inning.  He was throwing free and easy.  A lot of foul balls as you can imagine.   I don't think watching it gave me any more insight other than the Nats were ability to extend the inning on him where I had not seen that happen in his other outings.

He’s thrown the most innings he’s thrown since 2014 by a large margin, I wouldn’t jump to being concerned yet, he could just be wearing down.

13 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

He’s thrown the most innings he’s thrown since 2014 by a large margin, I wouldn’t jump to being concerned yet, he could just be wearing down.

Agreed ,and they don't throw him in back to back games yet. You just have to be careful with him and maybe just sore like every other pitcher. If the Orioles are concerned then they should just shut him down with 17 or so games to go. Don't really need him for the pennant chase.

I would shut him down.  Just dumb to have him pitch through or after any kind of bicep discomfort at this point.   Declare victory for this year in his development and work on strength, rehab as needed and offseason conditioning.

• Upvote 1

o

3-up, 3-down. 

3 OUTS: ) 2 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. TIGERS, 9/13)

IP:ll.1

H:lllll 0

R:lllll 0

BB:lll0

SO:ll.1

Pitches: )l 11 (6 )Strikes,  ))Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 1.42  )l  6.33 IP  (1 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.105  )l  6.33 P  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .136 )l (3 for 22)

PITCHES BY INNING

11 ll(6 llStrikes, llllllBalls)

o

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

3-up, 3-down. 

3 OUTS: ) 2 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. TIGERS, 9/13)

IP:ll.1

H:lllll 0

R:lllll 0

BB:lll0

SO:ll.1

Pitches: )l 11 (6 )Strikes,  ))Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 1.42  )l  6.33 IP  (1 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.105  )l  6.33 P  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .136 )l (3 for 22)

PITCHES BY INNING

11 ll(6 llStrikes, llllllBalls)

o

Not too sore. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

Not too sore. 

I wonder if it means anything that his bald strike ratio is almost 50-50? By the way I just sign-on and no problems, crossing my fingers.