oriole_way

Reimold heating up?

After a slow start, Reimold has slowly been raising his batting average, OPS, SLG etc.

But in his last 10 games, he has posted a .993 OPS (.371 AVG, .450 OPS, .543 SLG)

The interesting thing about Reimold's year so far is his plate discipline. He's walked 11 times and struckout 14 times in 89 at bats. His slow start and lack of power might be due to cutting down his swing to reduce the strikeouts.

1-3 (hr) today with a BB.

Over his last 10 games, his line is the following:

.371 AVG (35 AB)

.450 OBP (5 BB)

.686 SLG (2hr, 1 triple, 3 doubles)

1.136 OPS

His OPS for the season is now .736.

2-5 with a double.

Unfortunately I don't know where to find a complete game log (beyond the 10 game log that they show on web.minorleague.com), but he has been batting pretty well over his past 18 games or so. I know this since my original post in this thread charted his 10 game log 8 games ago.

His last 10 games:

.333 AVG

.385 OBP

.639 SLG

1.024 OPS

The interesting thing about Reimold's year so far is his plate discipline. He's walked 11 times and struckout 14 times in 89 at bats. His slow start and lack of power might be due to cutting down his swing to reduce the strikeouts.

Smart kid, making adjustments, hopefully.

Something interesting on Reimold. Up to this point of is career he had averaged about 1 strikeout per 4 AB's. In fact, I think it was even a little under every 4 AB's the last two years. I'm not sure if he's changed his approach but there's always been talk that he's too pull conscious. While his power numbers are definitely down at this point, at least his K's are way down and his walks are back up (compared to last year). He's striking out about once every 6.5 AB's right now. Hopefully his disappointing start has more to do with him making some final adjustments that will benefit him in the long run, than him just plain struggling to hit AA pitching this year.

Bump. OPS up to .785. 2-5 tonight with a double and a game winning 2 run jack in the bottom of the 10th. Also, no K's in 5 AB's. Very interesting. The homer was to CF (Reimold not in pull mode) and now has 21 K's in 143 AB's. That's a significantly lower K rate than he's ever been and now the power is returning. 3 K's in his last 41 AB's. Small sample size? A new approach at the plate? What do you all think?

Bump. OPS up to .785. 2-5 tonight with a double and a game winning 2 run jack in the bottom of the 10th. Also, no K's in 5 AB's. Very interesting. The homer was to CF (Reimold not in pull mode) and now has 21 K's in 143 AB's. That's a significantly lower K rate than he's ever been and now the power is returning. 3 K's in his last 41 AB's. Small sample size? A new approach at the plate? What do you all think?

Health and more consistent at bats possibly??

Is it time for a promotion? Not only because he's hot at the plate, but also because there was the story in spring that he felt like he should have been invited to major league camp, which he probably should have. I think it's time to finally reward him for his efforts.

Is it time for a promotion? Not only because he's hot at the plate, but also because there was the story in spring that he felt like he should have been invited to major league camp, which he probably should have. I think it's time to finally reward him for his efforts.

No, not until the minor league all-star break at the earliest. Let him get into a groove and stay there for a month.

Health and more consistent at bats possibly??

Possibly. The one thing I've always seen members within the organization harp on about Reimold is getting too pull happy. I'm guessing that they've either shortened his swing a bit or just gotten him to wait a little longer on pitches and use the whole field more. Maybe sacrifice a little power for more contact. In the end though, more consistent contact will probably lead to more overall power numbers. Just a guess. I've noticed a few of his homers being hit to CF which is a good sign. I'd love to see one or two go out to RF as well.