Roy Firestone

Id have zero tolerance for Ubaldo today.

If he starts walking people and putting people on all over the place, Id yank him early and go right to Worley.

I dont think Buck should have anything but a short hook for him.

Im sick to death of our pitchers giving us no chance to win a ball game.He needs to know hes expected to get outs early and not walk a ton of people early. If he cant get through an inning , he needs to sit and someone else needs to get a chance.

I have very little optimism that he will pitch well today.Not with this Blue Jays team crushing the ball.

ZERO TOLERANCE SUNDAY.

If he starts walking people and putting people on all over the place, Id yank him early and go right to Worley.

Im sick to death of our pitchers giving us no chance to win a ball game.He needs to know hes expected to get outs early and not walk a ton of people early. If he cant get through an inning , he needs to sit and someone else needs to get a chance.

I have very little optimism that he will pitch well today.Not with this Blue Jays team crushing the ball.

ZERO TOLERANCE SUNDAY.

If Ubaldo does horribly and gets yanked early: what do you think Buck should do with him in the future? Leave him in the rotation, send him to the pen to work out his problems, or DFA him and perhaps another team can work out his problems?

Losing Friday night in extra innings was big. We really needed that game to insure a split. The Red Sox have had a cakewalk with Minn and now in a tie with us at the to of the division. We need to win today and a Twins loss would make feel better going into Boston. Then take at least 2 of 3 from the Sux.

I don't care if we are up 6-0...The second he allows a baserunner after five IP, he should be gone. Bullpen is fresh except TJ. Losing three straight to the Poo Jays would not be good.

I understand not wanting to walk away from all that money. I just don't see how it makes it any better to continue letting him kill the team. He obviously needs to be out of the rotation. He adds zero to the BP. What's left? Ship him to whoever will take him and pay 90%

I understand not wanting to walk away from all that money. I just don't see how it makes it any better to continue letting him kill the team. He obviously needs to be out of the rotation. He adds zero to the BP. What's left? Ship him to whoever will take him and pay 90%

The problem is there are no other options aside from a couple real fringy ones at AAA (Despaigne maybe?) Hopefully that changes with Gallardo coming back, but even then YG can only replace one of Wilson, Wright, or Ubaldo. You can make a decent case for any of them to lose their rotation spot.

It's a tough spot to be in, though I do believe if Ubaldo gets bombed today, he ends up in the bullpen as a mop up guy when Gallardo returns. But I do think Wilson and Wright could find themselves headed back to Norfolk just as easily. All of the above written on the far-from-rock-solid assumption that Gallardo is serviceable upon his return...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trade idea for Julio Teheran is looking better and better. Not the Schoop/Givens one. Something like Bundy, Wright, and Sisco although I'm sure most think that's too much but it's probably not enough. But something along those lines where we aren't significantly hurting the current team to make such a move.

I don't totally agree with the OP. Buck said he still doesn't have Bundy today and has to check on Givens. I'm sure Brach is limited to an inning. MacFarland is out. So, he really doesn't want to go to Worley too early.

The trade idea for Julio Teheran is looking better and better. Not the Schoop/Givens one. Something like Bundy, Wright, and Sisco although I'm sure most think that's too much but it's probably not enough. But something along those lines where we aren't significantly hurting the current team to make such a move.

I like the idea, but I am really worried about trading Cisco. Unless we get a long term deal with Wieters, we have a limited future at that position. What about Walker, Alvarez and one or two more of our OF/1B type players. We have tons of bullpen depth; can we trade one of them.

I like the idea' date=' but I am really worried about trading Cisco. Unless we get a long term deal with Wieters, we have a limited future at that position. What about Walker, Alvarez and one or two more of our OF/1B type players. We have tons of bullpen depth; can we trade one of them.[/quote']

Why would the Braves give us Julio Teheran for some 1B and bullpen depth?

ZERO TOLERANCE SUNDAY.

I'd paraphrase what you're saying as saying that you'd rather have Worley start than Ubaldo. Or perhaps you'd like to take a shot at catching lightning in a bottle with Ubaldo (talk about a lottery ticket), but be prepared for a 1st or 2nd inning hook if that fails.

If so, don't disagree. A friend of mine has a term for this...being force to "hope that circumstances conspire" for the right thing to occur. It's a common position with bad business management/decisions and a problem during the many years of mediocre Orioles managers, but I haven't had felt that way often with Buck.

I don't totally agree with the OP. Buck said he still doesn't have Bundy today and has to check on Givens. I'm sure Brach is limited to an inning. MacFarland is out. So, he really doesn't want to go to Worley too early.

No Bundy today?