RZNJ

Jhon Peluffo

Heard some good things about this guy. Could be a real good one.

Good to hear because we definitely need an infusion of young arms. Most of our guys above Delmarva profile more as relievers if MLB'ers at all.

Sedlock

Peralta

Peluffo

B.Gonzalez

Lazaro Leyva????

Plus the recent draftees, gives our system a little boost.

Good to hear because we definitely need an infusion of young arms. Most of our guys above Delmarva profile more as relievers if MLB'ers at all.

Sedlock

Peralta

Peluffo

B.Gonzalez

Lazaro Leyva????

Plus the recent draftees, gives our system a little boost.

Leyva is still trying to come back from shoulder soreness. I was told he might be back pitching in game by August.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jhon Peluffo makes his Delmarva debut tonight in Hickory after being transferred from the GCL Orioles. Game Notes: <a href="https://t.co/yufOJXvNbc">https://t.co/yufOJXvNbc</a></p>— Delmarva Shorebirds (@shorebirds) <a href="

">August 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leyva is still trying to come back from shoulder soreness. I was told he might be back pitching in game by August.

Taking pictures of yourself in terrible clothes and posting to Instagram is very fatiguing to the shoulder.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jhon Peluffo makes his Delmarva debut tonight in Hickory after being transferred from the GCL Orioles. Game Notes: <a href="https://t.co/yufOJXvNbc">https://t.co/yufOJXvNbc</a></p>— Delmarva Shorebirds (@shorebirds) <a href="
">August 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's exciting news. Interesting that they bumped him to Delmarva rather than Aberdeen.

That's exciting news. Interesting that they bumped him to Delmarva rather than Aberdeen.

I agree

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA*

3.2 7 7 7 3 0 3 17.18

Yikes! Hopefully we can chalk it up to adjusting to a new level of competition.

The zero strikeouts is what concerns me the most about this line. Faced 21 batters.

Edited by ChuckS
  • Upvote 2

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA*

3.2 7 7 7 3 0 3 17.18

Yikes! Hopefully we can chalk it up to adjusting to a new level of competition.

The zero strikeouts is what concerns me the most about this line. Faced 21 batters.

So, that's an ugly line. He is 19, right? Maybe just jitters?

So, that's an ugly line. He is 19, right? Maybe just jitters?

I was thinking the same thing. Being 19 at Delmarva is quite an accomplishment in and of itself. Hopefully he can smooth it out during the next month.

Looking at the game, he didn't pitch quite as poorly as his line suggests. He got through the first two innings scoreless, and got the first two batters in the third. That's when the wheels kind of came off. He went single, homer, walk, homer, homer before getting the third out in the third. In the fourth he got the first out and then went single, walk, RBI single, RBI ground out before exiting.

So, bad line, but I'll hold out hope for better results next time.

Unfortunately he continues to get annihilated. His WHIP is approaching 3.0 after 3 starts, and only 1 K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Demoted back to the GCL, Peluffo pitched well today, allowing one run in 5 IP and striking out 5. Looks like they rushed him but he still seems promising.

Demoted back to the GCL, Peluffo pitched well today, allowing one run in 5 IP and striking out 5. Looks like they rushed him but he still seems promising.

Would have liked to see him sent to Aberdeen. This kind of leaves him in no man's land for 2017. Got shelled in Delmarva so they may hesitate starting him there even though he has dominated in the GCL.

A strong finish in Abderdeen could have justified opening next season in Delmarva. Now, who knows. I'm aware that rotation is full, but you could probably promote a couple of those guys to Delmarva to finish the season. Wells in particular, who is going five innings.

Would have liked to see him sent to Aberdeen. This kind of leaves him in no man's land for 2017. Got shelled in Delmarva so they may hesitate starting him there even though he has dominated in the GCL.

A strong finish in Abderdeen could have justified opening next season in Delmarva. Now, who knows. I'm aware that rotation is full, but you could probably promote a couple of those guys to Delmarva to finish the season. Wells in particular, who is going five innings.

They'll find room for him in Aberdeen, me thinks.