DrungoHazewood

A Jeep. Okay.

I know, first world problems! A number of years ago I knew some German engineers who were supporting a project here at Pax River. They were astonished that both my sister, my Dad and I each had a normal car and an old Corvette. They said that back in Munich several of them went in together to purchase and share a Mercedes A Class, which is a small economy car that isn't even sold in the US, presumably so they don't sully Merc's reputation as a luxury car here.

Rate of inflation and the fact that our currency is the reserve currency, making their currency of lesser value than ours. That and with taxes the way they are in Germany, it's a wonder they could afford a car. It's why I don't think I'll ever move internationally, and probably stay on the east coast or Texas.

Rate of inflation and the fact that our currency is the reserve currency, making their currency of lesser value than ours. That and with taxes the way they are in Germany, it's a wonder they could afford a car. It's why I don't think I'll ever move internationally, and probably stay on the east coast or Texas.

This was circa 2000. In any case, if you go to Germany it's not obvious that the rate of car ownership is lower than here. It probably is, but there are mid-to-high end BMWs, Audis, Mercs, Porsches everywhere, in addition to the more mundane Skodas, Opels, Seats and VWs. In Munich the taxis are mid-level Mercedes. Obviously many millions of Germans have the means to own a car despite any currency or tax differences.

Too lazy/drunk to read this whole thread, but I hope beyond hope that your wife got her Wrangler.

People work hard. That hard work should results in life's pleasures.

If she wants a Wrangler, who are we to say 'no'?

• Upvote 1

Too lazy/drunk to read this whole thread, but I hope beyond hope that your wife got her Wrangler.

People work hard. That hard work should results in life's pleasures.

If she wants a Wrangler, who are we to say 'no'?

She did. We got a reasonable deal, she's happy, we sold the van for blue book price on eBay, it's all good. A bit more inconvenient to haul our kids/dog/stuff to places, but we'll figure it out.