Sign in to follow this  
Todd-O

Will the fans show?

It's a big one tonight, tomorrow, and Wed. The stadium attendance at Camden (considering the team is in contention) has been middling... big crowds were rocking in Toronto and Boston this past weekend...

Will the Oriole fans show???

I sure hope so...

I really hope so. We've all seen the reasons put forth as to what has kept attendance down, but it's show time now. O's could conceivably come away with a tie for first in this series or at least chip away a bit. Let's make Manny happy. I'm in NC till the end of the next month, but making it there for the final home series. Let's hope from here till then, it's all thrilling baseball for the O's and the fans.

It's a big one tonight, tomorrow, and Wed. The stadium attendance at Camden (considering the team is in contention) has been middling... big crowds were rocking in Toronto and Boston this past weekend...

I sure hope so...

Not if they read some of the stuff here. Why bother to watch a team that's done for the season? :rolleyestf:

Everyone loves a good lineup and all but you can only be so hyped to go to a game with most of our SP. It sucks going to a game and leaving in the 3rd inning, and I live 10 mins from the stadium.

I have heard around mid 20's. maybe a little more if good walkup.

All counties are back in school today. That hurts big time. I would have ran a promotion this series.

All counties are back in school today. That hurts big time. I would have ran a promotion this series.

Nats are running some sort of special on ticket packages for their remaining home series, I think. Thought that was a good idea too.

I sure hope so...

I do too.

I say no. Under 25k each night.

I'll be down there Wednesday but the energy just isn't out there for this team like it was the past few years...for whatever reason.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Killing time watching DVDs. Beerfest right now...  
    • What was the game score of Bundy's one hitter?  I guess only 12 strikeouts hurt him.
    • Bedard also forced two double plays in that game, so he faced the minimum 27 batters.
    • ....and every other MLB team. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23861547/the-best-pitching-performance-ever-all-30-teams Baltimore Orioles: Erik Bedard (July 7, 2007, versus Rangers) Pitching line: 9 IP, 2 H 0 R, 0 BB, 15 SO (Game Score: 98) Remember that one awesome season for Bedard? He led the AL in fewest hits per nine innings in 2007 and most K's per nine and had a day to remember in Arlington, a tough park to rack up a big game. The Orioles cashed in and traded him to the Mariners after the season for Adam Jones and Chris Tillman, and Bedard had trouble staying healthy after that. For argument's sake: Mike Mussina matched Bedard's 98 with a one-hit, 15-strikeout game in 2000, walking two batters. The highest extra-inning score belongs to Jerry Walker, who spun a 16-inning shutout in 1959 for a 111. He was only 20 and had started the All-Star Game that year; perhaps not coincidentally he came down with arm problems in 1960. He did have a long career as an executive with the Tigers, Cardinals and Reds. Most likely to beat it: Grayson Rodriguez is the team's top pitching prospect. He averaged less than five innings per start in Low-A, so he's a long ways away, but he is a strikeout machine. Notable: Here's an example of how the game has changed. Jim Palmer won three Cy Young Awards, threw 211 complete games and tossed 53 shutouts, but had just 13 double-digit strikeout games in his career -- and in just one of those 13 did he allow zero runs. His best nine-inning Game Score was 90. Palmer didn't need to strike out everyone with the defenses he typically had behind him.  I guess this is going by game score only, though.   I would have been impressed had they mentioned Drabowsky in the '66 World Series.  I don't know if that really counts as the best pitching performance in the history of the franchise but it's in the conversation. I do remember this game by Bedard.  I think there was a lot of consternation on here about whether or not he could go a full 9 innings, like if that was going to determine if he was a true ace or not.  He was so much fun to watch that year.  His curveball was amazing.  
    • Is that really what you’re gathering from my posts or are you just digging for ways to be argumentative?
    • Games in empty stadiums will lead to normalcy?  
    • https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28964249/what-mlb-deal-players-means-2020-season-beyond
  • Popular Contributors