Sign in to follow this  
Todd-O

Will the fans show?

It's a big one tonight, tomorrow, and Wed. The stadium attendance at Camden (considering the team is in contention) has been middling... big crowds were rocking in Toronto and Boston this past weekend...

Will the Oriole fans show???

I sure hope so...

I really hope so. We've all seen the reasons put forth as to what has kept attendance down, but it's show time now. O's could conceivably come away with a tie for first in this series or at least chip away a bit. Let's make Manny happy. I'm in NC till the end of the next month, but making it there for the final home series. Let's hope from here till then, it's all thrilling baseball for the O's and the fans.

It's a big one tonight, tomorrow, and Wed. The stadium attendance at Camden (considering the team is in contention) has been middling... big crowds were rocking in Toronto and Boston this past weekend...

I sure hope so...

Not if they read some of the stuff here. Why bother to watch a team that's done for the season? :rolleyestf:

Everyone loves a good lineup and all but you can only be so hyped to go to a game with most of our SP. It sucks going to a game and leaving in the 3rd inning, and I live 10 mins from the stadium.

I have heard around mid 20's. maybe a little more if good walkup.

All counties are back in school today. That hurts big time. I would have ran a promotion this series.

All counties are back in school today. That hurts big time. I would have ran a promotion this series.

Nats are running some sort of special on ticket packages for their remaining home series, I think. Thought that was a good idea too.

I sure hope so...

I do too.

I say no. Under 25k each night.

I'll be down there Wednesday but the energy just isn't out there for this team like it was the past few years...for whatever reason.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• The one difference between Means and Kremer is that Means has a plus-plus pitch that hitters can't hit even when they know it's coming. Kremer's best pitch is his curveball, but I'm not sure it's in the same category as Means' change.  I have some concern that major league hitters will be able to differentiate the breaking ball from the fastball and lay off his curve, particularly when he throws the slow one. His curveball reminded me of Dylan's Bundy's curve in the minors. It worked well there but it never was the same pitch at the major league level. Kremer has some talent, but he really needs that slider and change to come around and be consistent pitches for him if he's to stay a starter. If not, I could see him moving to relief, getting a few ticks on the fastball and be a piece out of the pen.
    • I love that movie! I have the DVD but I also have a copy I got off youtube. full movie, one file.     Came to post this.  
    • Interesting list and write ups.    Overall, he’s pretty high on our pitchers.    Let’s hope he’s right.   Elias hasn’t spent any high picks on pitching as of yet, so most of the guys on the list were inherited from the old regime.   
    • I only watched bits and pieces, but Maryland's offensive sets kill me sometimes.  Guys stand still much or dribble the air out of the ball.  I agree that Stix doesn't seem to want the ball that much.  I've mentioned his lack of a post game dozens of times so I won't go there (I guess I just did).  I don't think he has the best hands either.  I'd like to see him go up strong a dunk it over a dude like once.  As a senior, Cowan still makes some really bad mistakes.  There was sequence where he got double-teamed and picked up his dribble and threw it straight to the opposing defender.  Dribble out of that pressure dude and make a better pass. Wiggins missed some easy ones tonight.  He is a much better spot up shooter.  Occasionally he will flash with a drive.  He had an off night.  Lindo played some bad defense from what I saw. Hopefully they learn from this.  They weren't going to go undefeated.  I believe Penn State is a good team and potential sleeper come March.  
    • Turgeon has never beaten a major conference team in the tourney in his 22 year coaching career. He's a good recruiter but he just never maximizes that talent. Main issues with this team are Stix inside and lack of consistent shooting. Don't see either of these changing much.
    • Sayonara, Adam!   I’m sure you’ll be a great ambassador for US baseball.    I hope you and your family have a blast over there.
  • Popular Contributors