Sign in to follow this  
Todd-O

Will the fans show?

What about the fans in Boston and other cities that draw good? I don't believe you can use the riots as an excuse.

I wholeheartedly believe that Baltimore just isn't a baseball town anymore.

The Ravens could have another crappy season and people would still attend.

Move em to Montreal!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't at all believe that things are crazy dire or whatnot, I just think the city/region has moved so much of its interests over to football that the O's are never going to have the fanbase they once did.

Plus, Nationals.

What about the fans in Boston and other cities that draw good? I don't believe you can use the riots as an excuse.

Attendance is down across the league. KC, Washington, Detroit down since last year. Teams like LAD, Boston, StL, SF did not have to "rebound" after over a decade of losing and average attendances in the low 20's. Their crowds seem to not be changed by anything. The Cubs are unique as well.

It's not necessarily "riots" as the excuse. It's things that came from the riots or are relation to the riots. Unless you live under a rock, you see that there are increased racial issues in the country. Maybe increased isn't the best term but more publicized and "in your face." (Thanks media) -- This effects people's perceptions and willingness to travel to urban areas like Baltimore. Once again, not saying I agree, but I understand it is a REAL issue...a real perception issue more than anything.

The Orioles also seem to put more of an emphasis on the TV side of things as that's where the BIG $ is.

I don't at all believe that things are crazy dire or whatnot, I just think the city/region has moved so much of its interests over to football that the O's are never going to have the fanbase they once did.

Plus, Nationals.

Not crazy. Not dire. Unsustainable.

The Ravens could have another crappy season and people would still attend.

Tickets will be sold out but people will not attend. Remember last years games vs Seattle and KC? Tons of empty seats from no shows. Steelers games will always be well attended.

Baltimore is full of fair weather fans. Like it or not.

Tickets will be sold out but people will not attend. Remember last years games vs Seattle and KC? Tons of empty seats from no shows. Steelers games will always be well attended.

How much more fair does the baseball weather have to get?

Just bought my tickets for Thursday

It's the best i can do working at 5am or earlier Monday thru Friday. Friday I can handle being tired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal.

This is fair. But after so much foul weather (14 years) I can't really blame them.

You can think whatever you like. Fact is, people in your generation grew up with a great team and a winning tradition - your generation had something to latch onto and be proud of. Fans in my generation grew up with some pretty terrible baseball for a prolonged period of time. Fans from my generation aren't nearly as attached to baseball and the Orioles as some of you older folks. It's all Ravens, all the time.

Then just when the team was starting to build a more dedicated following they let the fans down in 2015. You can blame fans of my generation all you want, but the Orioles organization dropped the ball big time.

Yes that's the standby. Lets blame the FO. Wonder about other teams that are perennial losers. How do they attract and keep fans?

Eight games. All but one a Weekend. Plus, they know what happens when they don't support a team.