Osfan08

2 outta 3

I'd take a .667 winning clip the rest of the way.

Last time they did that for a month was back in June when they went 19-9. Since then it's been a losing July (.462) and a worse August (.448).

Let's hope they can put up some numbers like in June.

Ya know, everyone says how great it is to get 2 outta 3 but I refuse to do cartwheels over it. So what has changed because we took 2 outta 3 from the Yankees? Practically nothing has changed. We separated one game from the Yankees. Whoopty doo. What about the Detroit Tigers? They are coming fast and furious for that 2nd wildcard spot and guess what? We are STILL tied with them for it after winning 2 outta 3 from New York. So excuse me for not wringing my hands together in excitement. Now had the Oriole bats not been embarrassingly putrid today, then Baltimore would have separated THREE GAMES from the Yankees. Now THAT would be substantial. Plus Baltimore would have a 1 game lead on Detroit but whatever. 2 outta 3 flat out doesn't change a whole lot.

Series WIN! You're an idiot.

Ya know, everyone says how great it is to get 2 outta 3 but I refuse to do cartwheels over it. So what has changed because we took 2 outta 3 from the Yankees? Practically nothing has changed. We separated one game from the Yankees. Whoopty doo. What about the Detroit Tigers? They are coming fast and furious for that 2nd wildcard spot and guess what? We are STILL tied with them for it after winning 2 outta 3 from New York. So excuse me for not wringing my hands together in excitement. Now had the Oriole bats not been embarrassingly putrid today, then Baltimore would have separated THREE GAMES from the Yankees. Now THAT would be substantial. Plus Baltimore would have a 1 game lead on Detroit but whatever. 2 outta 3 flat out doesn't change a whole lot.

I'm not going to waste the rest of my reps tonight NEG repping the likes of you! You're not even worth the effort.

I'm not going to waste the rest of my reps tonight NEG repping the likes of you! You're not even worth the effort.

Talking to me like that because I am disappointed and upset about losing a very winnable game today and FACTUALLY STATING that our status didnt improve a lot this series? I should be insulted over simply giving my opinion? Screw you.

Series WIN! You're an idiot.

No you are the idiot if you think separating ONE GAME from New York and staying tied with Detroit is an amazing achievment.

No you are the idiot if you think separating ONE GAME from New York and staying tied with Detroit is an amazing achievment.

Talk, talk, talk. 2 of 3 gets us in the playoffs.

Talk, talk, talk. 2 of 3 gets us in the playoffs.

2 outta 3 OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME gets you into the playoffs. ONE SERIES of 2 outta 3 DOES NOT. This Yankee series win DID NOT change our situation very much, thats all I said!!!!

2 outta 3 OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME gets you into the playoffs. ONE SERIES of 2 outta 3 DOES NOT. This Yankee series win DID NOT change our situation very much, thats all I said!!!!

Of course not you f-in idiot! It's a start! It's called being positive! HOPING things will go good for us. Not ASSUMING we'll tank!

I'm so GD TIRED of you negative Nancy's saying our season is done! On September fricking 4th!

• Downvote 1

It's not outlandish at all for this team to get on a roll. They just need one good hot streak. The offense is capable of that, and barring that they're still better than they've shown recently. The Tillman injury does hurt us big though as he could be covering up some of this. Btw it's important to remember that we still have 3 games left against DET so we have a chance to knock them down. On the other hand I can understand pessimism given our tougher schedule and and offensive slump. But to say it can't happen is absurd.

Of course not you f-in idiot! It's a start! It's called being positive! HOPING things will go good for us. Not ASSUMING we'll tank!

I'm so GD TIRED of you negative Nancy's saying our season is done! On September fricking 4th!

Calm down internet tough guy who is probably scared of his own shadow in real life. I have every right to be aggravated about yesterday's game and our huge 2nd half slump.I can express it however I please, regardless of how negative you find it to be. Lastly, how come you never attack anyone else like this? There are dozens of other frustrated, negative posters on here and you haven't said ANYTHING critical about them...Interesting...

It's not outlandish at all for this team to get on a roll. They just need one good hot streak. The offense is capable of that' date=' and barring that they're still better than they've shown recently. The Tillman injury does hurt us big though as he could be covering up some of this. Btw it's important to remember that we still have 3 games left against DET so we have a chance to knock them down. On the other hand I can understand pessimism given our tougher schedule and and offensive slump. But to say it can't happen is absurd.[/quote']

I never said it can't happen. I hope and pray it DOES happen. The playoffs are a fun, exciting thing to be a part of and I desperately want to go back.

We gained a came on the Jays, Astrols, Yankees, Royals,and Mariners. We stayed same with Sox, and Tigers. That seems like a good weekend to me.

You might have wanted to take a look at the standings before you went on your little rant. Birds are 3.5 up on the Yankees in the standings and 3 up in the loss column.