Sign in to follow this  
adidasdoc

Questions (it has been awhile since I've gone to a game due to relocation for work)

I haven't had the chance to go to an Orioles game since 2006. I went to college that August and then never came back home after graduating. Now I have a family of my own and I am excited to take my son to his first game. I had a few questions since it has been so long:

1. I know kids get to run the bases, is there an age restriction for that. He is close to 2 and could get a good portion around I am sure.

2. Do the players do anything once the game is over? I recall back when I was younger that players would give out hats, batting gloves and stuff after the last home game.

3. I was wondering if anyone would exchange one of the hats I know I will get today for either one of the jackets from last night or a Kim Shirt from Friday.

I am hoping for a nice sweep! I have backed the Birds since I was born and it would be amazing for my son to see a W at his first game. Here's to hoping Bundy and the bats do amazing things today! Go O's!

1. No, there isn't. At least not one I've ever seen announced. You are not allowed on the field though. You will walk around the warning track behind the home plate area meeting your child near home plate. He'll have to be comfortable going on his own. They do have some folks who can help littler ones if they start to wonder. My son first ran the bases at about 3 at a minor league park. He's done it a half-dozen or so times since. Be advised the line for non-season plan members can be long and the entire line for plan members goes first. So, be prepared for a wait. People usually head out of the stadium and line up behind home plate outside of the stadium starting in the eighth inning, especially if the Os are ahead. They will make an announcement. The weather is perfect today though!

2. I haven't seen that. They generally duck into the tunnel and disappear pretty quickly.

3. Can't help you there as I didn't make it to either game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk