DrungoHazewood

An almost perfect sports weekend

I don't know where this belongs, and probably nobody will see it hidden down here in other sports, but anyway... did you ever have one of those weekends or weeks or even days where every single sports event you even slightly care about turns out right? This wasn't winning championships or anything but:

1) The O's sweep the D'backs three straight.

2) My oldest kid Nate's Little League Phillies win on Saturday 14-2. He goes 1-for-1 with a walk and two runs.

3) My youngest kid Sam's U9 soccer team wins 4-0 also on Saturday. Sam scores twice and has a clean sheet in goal the 2nd half.

4) The Hokies win 54-17 over ECU.

5) Tottenham Hotspur beats Middlesbrough 2-1

6) DC United beats Orlando FC 4-1

7) Redskins beat the Giants 29-27

8) The random lower division English team I follow (Dag and Red) won 3-1.

9) The random lower division German team I follow (Unterhaching) won 2-0.

You'd have to go low enough in my hierarchy of favorite teams to reach Kilmarnock in Scottish League (they were my team on FIFA '96) to find a loss.

Then 1860 Munich had to end the run. They drew St. Pauli 2-2 on Thursday but then lost to Hannover 96 Sunday 2-0.

I don't know where this belongs, and probably nobody will see it hidden down here in other sports, but anyway... did you ever have one of those weekends or weeks or even days where every single sports event you even slightly care about turns out right? This wasn't winning championships or anything but:

1) The O's sweep the D'backs three straight.

2) My oldest kid Nate's Little League Phillies win on Saturday 14-2. He goes 1-for-1 with a walk and two runs.

3) My youngest kid Sam's U9 soccer team wins 4-0 also on Saturday. Sam scores twice and has a clean sheet in goal the 2nd half.

4) The Hokies win 54-17 over ECU.

5) Tottenham Hotspur beats Middlesbrough 2-1

6) DC United beats Orlando FC 4-1

7) Redskins beat the Giants 29-27

8) The random lower division English team I follow (Dag and Red) won 3-1.

9) The random lower division German team I follow (Unterhaching) won 2-0.

You'd have to go low enough in my hierarchy of favorite teams to reach Kilmarnock in Scottish League (they were my team on FIFA '96) to find a loss.

Then 1860 Munich had to end the run. They drew St. Pauli 2-2 on Thursday but then lost to Hannover 96 Sunday 2-0.

Haha but sorry Kilmarnock lost! Sam sounds like a "keeper" (pun intended!) Go Nat - er Nate!

May the road continue to rise up and meet you! :clap3:

In addition to the O's sweep, I played softball on Sunday and went 5 for 5 with a double and a homer. At 59, a homer has to be hit to the exact right spot for me to have any chance of getting around the bases. In this case, the right fielder was playing me in the gap, and I saw that and tried to hit a liner down the RF line, and that's exactly what I did! Plus, there is a slight slope to the outfield near the foul line so once the ball landed, it kicked right. By the time I got to third I was sucking wind and looked to see where the ball was and it was still being relayed to a cutoff man who was well into the OF himself, so I went for it and made it easily when the relay throw was mishandled.

So the good news is, I made it. The bad news is I'm still sore two days later. But that hit will keep me playing for a few more years.

In addition to the O's sweep, I played softball on Sunday and went 5 for 5 with a double and a homer. At 59, a homer has to be hit to the exact right spot for me to have any chance of getting around the bases. In this case, the right fielder was playing me in the gap, and I saw that and tried to hit a liner down the RF line, and that's exactly what I did! Plus, there is a slight slope to the outfield near the foul line so once the ball landed, it kicked right. By the time I got to third I was sucking wind and looked to see where the ball was and it was still being relayed to a cutoff man who was well into the OF himself, so I went for it and made it easily when the relay throw was mishandled.

So the good news is, I made it. The bad news is I'm still sore two days later. But that hit will keep me playing for a few more years.

Sounds like a triple to me but whatever.....;)

Where do you play your games? I may remember some of the venues.