Bahama O's Fan

Anyway we can avoid Gallardo AND Miley Starting?

Im okay with Tilly in the WC and coming back with Gausman & Bundy in games 1 & 2 of the ALDS.

Tillman got blown up vs BOS and didn't look right vs TOR. I think I would really like to avoid resting our entire postseason on Tillman's shoulders, so to speak.

Regardless, the more I think about it, the more I think we want Miley to pitch tomorrow. That just opens everything up. He would give everybody an extra day of rest and with the off day on Monday we could pick from any of Gausman, Tillman, and Ubaldo to start the postseason.

Skipping Miley, you have to go with Bundy on Saturday. That forces you to burn Gausman on the last day. Then we would have to pick from Ubaldo on 4 days vs Tillman on 5 days. I would prefer either to Saunders, but I would really like to have Gausman in that WC game if possible.

With Miley:

9/26 Off day

9/27 TOR Gausman

9/28 TOR Tillman

9/29 TOR Ubaldo

9/30 NYY Gallardo

10/1 NYY Miley

10/2 NYY Bundy

10/3 Off

10/4 Wild Card (Tillman on 5 days, Ubaldo on 4 days, and Gausman on 6 days)

Skipping Miley:

9/26 Off day

9/27 TOR Gausman

9/28 TOR Tillman

9/29 TOR Ubaldo

9/30 NYY Gallardo

10/1 NYY Bundy

10/2 NYY Gausman

10/3 Off

10/4 Wild Card (Tillman on 5 days vs Ubaldo on 4 days)

Tillman got blown up vs BOS and didn't look right vs TOR. I think I would really like to avoid resting our entire postseason on Tillman's shoulders, so to speak.

Regardless, the more I think about it, the more I think we want Miley to pitch tomorrow. That just opens everything up. He would give everybody an extra day of rest and with the off day on Monday we could pick from any of Gausman, Tillman, and Ubaldo to start the postseason.

Skipping Miley, you have to go with Bundy on Saturday. That forces you to burn Gausman on the last day. Then we would have to pick from Ubaldo on 4 days vs Tillman on 5 days. I would prefer either to Saunders, but I would really like to have Gausman in that WC game if possible.

With Miley:

9/26 Off day

9/27 TOR Gausman

9/28 TOR Tillman

9/29 TOR Ubaldo

9/30 NYY Gallardo

10/1 NYY Miley

10/2 NYY Bundy

10/3 Off

10/4 Wild Card (Tillman on 5 days, Ubaldo on 4 days, and Gausman on 6 days)

Skipping Miley:

9/26 Off day

9/27 TOR Gausman

9/28 TOR Tillman

9/29 TOR Ubaldo

9/30 NYY Gallardo

10/1 NYY Bundy

10/2 NYY Gausman

10/3 Off

10/4 Wild Card (Tillman on 5 days vs Ubaldo on 4 days)

You do realize that Gausman has lost 3 out of his last 5, and got torched in Boston too, and hit hard in Toronto.

For me, I am willing to root like hell for whomever pick Buck flips his coin for.

You do realize that Gausman has lost 3 out of his last 5, and got torched in Boston too, and hit hard in Toronto.

For me, I am willing to root like hell for whomever pick Buck flips his coin for.

I do realize that and of course I will respect the decision and root for either one of them. Right now Gausman looks healthiest to me. Even his losses he has kept us in the game, which you can't say about Tillman. Prior to BOS, he put up donuts in 4 of 5 (including BOS).

But it's a very close decision, and I would even think about Ubaldo based on his last 7. The point being, pitching Miley opens up all the possibilities.

This is per Roch's latest blog post on MASN:

Left-hander Wade Miley is the confirmed starter on Saturday and Kevin Gausman is expected to go on Sunday if the weather allows it. Manager Buck Showalter told reporters in Toronto that Dylan Bundy could be available out of the bullpen.

Rosh Kubatko MASN Sports.com

This is per Roch's latest blog post on MASN:

Left-hander Wade Miley is the confirmed starter on Saturday and Kevin Gausman is expected to go on Sunday if the weather allows it. Manager Buck Showalter told reporters in Toronto that Dylan Bundy could be available out of the bullpen.

Rosh Kubatko MASN Sports.com

Doh. Should have just read Roch. Would have saved me a lot of typing. So that means Tillman, Bundy, or Ubaldo for the WC. If there is a tiebreaker it would definitely be Tillman. Interesting that they are going away from Bundy in the last game even though he would have 7 days rest. I like him backing up Miley though.

Doh. Should have just read Roch. Would have saved me a lot of typing. So that means Tillman, Bundy, or Ubaldo for the WC. If there is a tiebreaker it would definitely be Tillman. Interesting that they are going away from Bundy in the last game even though he would have 7 days rest. I like him backing up Miley though.

Well, the wording is interesting. Miley is the confirmed starter while Gausman is expected to go. The Orioles could theoretically have their playoff seed wrapped up by Sunday if they win the next two games, Detroit loses one of two to the Braves and the Jays lose the first two games to the Red Sox. If they have everything wrapped up by then, what would be the point of trotting Gausman out there? They might as well save him for the WC game or Game 1 of the Division Series.

Well, the wording is interesting. Miley is the confirmed starter while Gausman is expected to go. The Orioles could theoretically have their playoff seed wrapped up by Sunday if they win the next two games, Detroit loses one of two to the Braves and the Jays lose the first two games to the Red Sox. If they have everything wrapped up by then, what would be the point of trotting Gausman out there? They might as well save him for the WC game or Game 1 of the Division Series.

I hope that happens but we need a 6 game parlay to hit.

9/30 Orioles win at NYY, NYY -130

9/30 BOS win vs Tor, BOS -150

9/30 Atl win vs Det, Det -140

10/1 Orioles win at NYY

10/1 BOS win vs Tor

10/1 Atl win vs Det

That's a lot to happen. A $25 bet would pay out close to 2 grand considering the Orioles and braves will be underdogs for both games.

If you believe in hot hands you have to run him out there.

It's possible, but only if the matches are right. Gausman and Tillman are obviously there. I don't know that Buck would start Bundy, given how he has gradually worn down. Might be of more use as a middle innings/emergency guy in the playoffs, anyway.

Then there's Ubaldo, Yovani and Miley vying for the other one, perhaps two spots.