Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

O's had the best ERA in Baseball in September

O's went 16-11 with a 2.90 ERA in September. Kind of amazing.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=bal#playerType=ALL&elem=%5Bobject+Object%5D&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Team+pitching&game_type='R'&season=2016&season_type=ANY&league_code='MLB'&sectionType=st&statType=pitching&page=1&ts=1475328572817&timeframe=&last_x_days=&split=9&sortColumn=era&sortOrder='asc'&extended=0

Ubaldo led the O's starters with a 2.31 ERA in 5 starts over 35 innings.

Britton did not allow a run in 11 games.

Britton, Brach, Givens and Hunter had ERAs under 1.00.

The O's have been pitching challenged all season. This turnaround is one for the books. Who knew?

Go O's.

• Upvote 2

Crazy. If we could get the offense going and maintain the pitching, this team could peak at exactly the right team. Really nice to see Davis and Schoop starting to hit the last couple of games as well.

Crazy. If we could get the offense going and maintain the pitching, this team could peak at exactly the right team. Really nice to see Davis and Schoop starting to hit the last couple of games as well.

Now if we could just get Manny going.

In my "A look at the Orioles, by month" thread, I'm going to include the two October games, but it's clear our pitching has been pretty stellar, especially the bullpen. We now have the best bullpen ERA in the AL, and I think we were 5th at the end of August.

In my "A look at the Orioles, by month" thread, I'm going to include the two October games, but it's clear our pitching has been pretty stellar, especially the bullpen. We now have the best bullpen ERA in the AL, and I think we were 5th at the end of August.

Best bullpen, best SP, and leading the league in HR. That could be a winning combination. Hopefully it is enough.

I wonder how Keith Law feels about this. He must have woken up this morning with the feeling that there was something very wrong.

Keith. He's something else.

Your Baltimore Bullpen (min 10 IP):

0.50 Donnie Hart

0.55 Zach Briitton

1.60 Brad Brach

2.19 Tommy Hunter

3.08 Dylan Bundy

3.18 Mychal Givens

3.20 Vance Worley

3.27 Mike Wright

3.77 Darren O'Day

3.86 Tyler Wilson

4.05 Brian Duensing

4.08 Oliver Drake

5.60 Odrisamer Despaigne

6.93 T.J. McFarland

8.71 Ubaldo Jimenez

Now if we could just get Manny going.

In watching Manny the last week or so he seems as if he is swinging for the fences.

I see less patience and a loopier swing.

Hopefully he gets back on track.

I was thinking that we always have a trim the fat thread at the end of the year where we think we are going to get better by addition by subtraction. Not too many sustained performances like that this year.

Mac will be back, unless he is out of options.

Joseph will get an RBI next year.

Wright and Wilson will have roles and are young.

Reimold and Stubbs will be milb ST invitee's at best

Despaigne is already gone, but did his job and ate some IP for us.

This pitching staff will be better next year. The bullpen has been lock down without O'day. I see Buck getting more confidence in Drake. Hart has earned a role. Ubaldo really changed the rotation. Miley and Gallardo could have bounce back years. Lots to be happy about this year, and lots to be excited for next year over.

Edited by sportsfan8703

As much as the starting pitching (Ubaldo) has been criticized most of the season, this September stat is truly a remarkable surprise. Don't want to jinx anything, but I am so incredibly proud of this team right now.

O's went 16-11 with a 2.90 ERA in September. Kind of amazing.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=bal#playerType=ALL&elem=%5Bobject+Object%5D&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Team+pitching&game_type='R'&season=2016&season_type=ANY&league_code='MLB'?ionType=st&statType=pitching&page=1&ts=1475328572817&timeframe=&last_x_days=&split=9&sortColumn=era&sortOrder='asc'&extended=0

Ubaldo led the O's starters with a 2.31 ERA in 5 starts over 35 innings.

Britton did not allow a run in 11 games.

Britton, Brach, Givens and Hunter had ERAs under 1.00.

The O's have been pitching challenged all season. This turnaround is one for the books. Who knew?

Go O's.

Isn't this around the time Ubaldo became an American citizen? Just sayin'

In watching Manny the last week or so he seems as if he is swinging for the fences.

It seems like he's been doing that for months. He needs to get back to what he was doing in the 1st half.

I think there is a book. Out in Manny. Sliders down and in. Seems to strike out on that pitch a lot and hasn't adjusted.