Tony-OH

Hangouters Top 30 prospects!

From an Orioles fan in Texas I am going to be a little of a homer here. Only saw one mention of Ryan Moseley on anyone's list. He was a potential first day guy before the college season. Granted it was a tough season, but he seemed to recover nicely after the draft. Tied for the Aberdeen team lead in saves and was only there half the season. Had control issues at times during the college season, but had 12 appearances 19.2 IP with 18 K and 9 BB (3 of those BB were in one outing) with the Ironbirds. 92-94 mph power sinker, 87-88 mph slider and a plus change resulting in a .191 OBA and 1.14 WHIP just seems like it might at least garner some more attention regardless of the draft round. Seems like a prospect list would look more to the "potential" than the "current". Just my 2 cents.

From an Orioles fan in Texas I am going to be a little of a homer here. Only saw one mention of Ryan Moseley on anyone's list. He was a potential first day guy before the college season. Granted it was a tough season, but he seemed to recover nicely after the draft. Tied for the Aberdeen team lead in saves and was only there half the season. Had control issues at times during the college season, but had 12 appearances 19.2 IP with 18 K and 9 BB (3 of those BB were in one outing) with the Ironbirds. 92-94 mph power sinker, 87-88 mph slider and a plus change resulting in a .191 OBA and 1.14 WHIP just seems like it might at least garner some more attention regardless of the draft round. Seems like a prospect list would look more to the "potential" than the "current". Just my 2 cents.

I'm the one who had him on my list, albeit at #26. I've become less inclined to put guys who start out their careers as relievers (Scott, Cleavinger, Messinger) high on my list but he has some potential as a useful bullpen arm. He was a starter for a time in college and I wonder if there's any chance they try him there next year. I got the impression that Mosely had good stuff and maybe needed to get straightened out mechanically.

Tony, I never question that fact the you have more baseball knowledge, more connections and are in better position to make player assessments than I. You are the man. And I agree that there is no chatter about Richard Rodriguez and therefore he will probably not be added to the O's 40 man roster. I do think someone may add him this off season to their 40 man roster.

While you are shaking that AAA tree for all the guys that are just as not special as RR, think about this. I think he led the International League in innings by a reliever with 81.2 IP. He also had the best WHIP of any reliever in the International League with more that 50 IP at 1.10. I am eye balling these two numbers so I could be wrong but there may be something special about Richard. Maybe its just not his stuff.

Preston Guilmet

Andrew Triggs

Richard Rodriguez might get a shot in the majors with someone. Relievers who perform in the minors but don't have "plus" stuff become readily available. I have little doubt that Tyler Wilson and Mike Wright would have better stats if they were full time relievers at Norfolk. Oliver Drake dominated in 2015. Parker Bridwell, recently converted to reliever, showed promise. Right handed relievers are plentiful. I do no reason why Richard Rodriguez would be protected on the 40 man. That does not mean that he won't have some kind of ML career.

1. Sisco

2. Harvey

3. Mountcastle

4. Sedlock

5. Peralta

6. Akin

7. Mancini

8. Hays

9. Gonzalez

10. Mullins

11. Dietz

12. Scott

13. Liranzo

14. Fenter

15. Meisinger

16. Gassaway

17. Wells

18. Cleavinger

19. Reyes

20. Murphy

21. Leyva

22. Peluffo

23. Curran

24. Stewart

25. Moseley

26. Billingsley

27. Gunkel

28. Ortega

29. McKenna

30. Alvarado

Edited by ArtVanDelay
Forgot Peluffo

I actually saw Moseley at Aberdeen and liked what I saw, especially for a guy drafted where he was. He's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

I actually saw Moseley at Aberdeen and liked what I saw, especially for a guy drafted where he was. He's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

He fell a lot from where he was projected just a year before.

He fell a lot from where he was projected just a year before.

Command remains an issue. We'll see how it fares after a full season next year.

Well, he had 37 walks vs 32 K's at Texas Tech last season. :scratchchinhmm:

Had 9 walks vs 18 K's at Aberdeen and 3 of those walks were in one outing. May be making some progress.

I don't post often, preferring to read others writings, but today I will offer my top 30 prospects. I live 600 miles from Baltimore so I do not get to see the prospects in person. My opinions are based upon what I read and study from this and other informational outlets.

orioles prospect 1.jpg

20 hours ago, Mountain Bird said:

I don't post often, preferring to read others writings, but today I will offer my top 30 prospects. I live 600 miles from Baltimore so I do not get to see the prospects in person. My opinions are based upon what I read and study from this and other informational outlets.

orioles prospect 1.jpg

I think that's a fair and good assessment of our farm.