weams

21, 60, 74, 98

1 minute ago, weams said:

1 minute ago, weams said:

Dan still has time to sell one.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Dan still has time to sell one.

I wonder if everybody would be totally upset if he (Dan Duquette) traded Mancini for a competitive balance pick??  He became expendable with both Chris Davis and Mark Trumbo on this team.  How about both him and Walker get moved for two different  teams Competitive Balance picks???

1 minute ago, thezeroes said:

I wonder if everybody would be totally upset if he (Dan Duquette) traded Mancini for a competitive balance pick??  He became expendable with both Chris Davis and Mark Trumbo on this team.  How about both him and Walker get moved for two different  teams Competitive Balance picks???

Not everyone, you can never get anyone here to agree.  ;)

I'd dump Walker for a type B pick in a heartbeat.  Mancini you would have to give me a type A.

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not everyone, you can never get anyone here to agree.  ;)

I'd dump Walker for a type B pick in a heartbeat.  Mancini you would have to give me a type A.

Who in this group needs a young defensive challenged First baseman /DH with three years of Options??

Competitive Balance Round A

1. Tampa Bay Rays (No. 31 overall)
  2. Cincinnati Reds (32)
  3. Oakland Athletics (33)
  4. Milwaukee Brewers (34)
  5. Minnesota Twins (35)
  6. Miami Marlins (36)

Who in this group can use a defensive challenged corner OF/1B/DH with two years of options??

Competitive Balance Round B

1. Arizona Diamondbacks (No. 67 overall)
  2. San Diego Padres (68)
  3. Colorado Rockies (69)
  4. Cleveland Indians (70)
  5. Kansas City Royals (71)
  6. Pittsburgh Pirates (72)
  7. Baltimore Orioles (73)
  8. St. Louis Cardinals (74)

3 hours ago, thezeroes said:

You can do better than that. It's a success if the pick turns out to be as good as Mancini. He's more valuable than the pick. 

8 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

You can do better than that. It's a success if the pick turns out to be as good as Mancini. He's more valuable than the pick. 

I look at it this way, Sedlock was taken at around the same spot as a type A competitive balance pick.  Months later Sedlock is the #1 or 2 prospect in the O's system.  Mancini might be in the top 5.

How is Mancini worth more than the pick?

32 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Picks can't be traded until the start of the season right?  

Trade the player (Walker and Mancini) for future considerations.  Happens all the time.  Clears two spots on the forty to sign/trade for player that we will actually use and allows the two traded players the time in ST with their new ball club.

34 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I look at it this way, Sedlock was taken at around the same spot as a type A competitive balance pick.  Months later Sedlock is the #1 or 2 prospect in the O's system.  Mancini might be in the top 5.

How is Mancini worth more than the pick?

A bird in the hand (a guy who has succeeded in the minors and is major league ready) is worth more than two in the bush (a more highly regarded prospect who has to run the gauntlet of the minors for a couple of years)?    That's the only logic I see.    But when we don't have room for the 'ready' guy, that logic doesn't apply.