nevadaO

Minecraft - OPACY

So I had previously been working on a server a couple of years ago that is no longer around where I had built a fair amount of OPACY. 

After the server went down I was quite dejected until, well, the other day. I decided to get a Minecraft Realm and start the to-scale construction of OPACY over again. 

If anyone would like to help critique (good or bad) I can post screenshots as I go. Also if anyone has any photos of the stadium, architecture of the warehouse, inside the warehouse, or especially the concourse level I could greatly use them!

I have not been able to return to Camden Yards since 2001 when I left for Las Vegas. I hope that changes this year for an OH night...

From the beginning of the warehouse construction to where it is now (still nowhere near done). I know that some of the colours are wrong but it's all I have to work with so yeah, heh. The warehouse measures slightly longer than the actual building as working in meters instead of feet makes spacing impossible. 

I'm extending the original build which was just going to be OPACY to include the surrounding hotels/buildings as well. The Hilton might not make it in though...

Please leave any feedback that can help me in this project!

Edited by nevadaO

Replacing the entire roof and drain pipes off the red. Not a fan of it but looks much better now.

Also made a change to the lights above the WH and am close to starting the building area behind the CF scoreboard.

Clearing all of the field area.

Putting down the field.

Grass spreading

I've got some texture pack issues with the grass but I'll have it fixed before I finish. Also fixed up the RF scoreboard adverts and removed the placeholder for the CF scoreboard.

Wow, I am absolutely astounded by how fast you're building this. lol  Great job so far.  Thanks for keeping us updated. :D

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Elbren said:

Wow, I am absolutely astounded by how fast you're building this. lol  Great job so far.  Thanks for keeping us updated. :D

Thank you my friend! Glad someone is following along with me on this build!

This next one is where I had left off last night. I had been clearing the stands area for most of the evening.

Today after work I decided to see if there was an easier way to place dynamite in order to clear faster than I was (the field area itself took 3-4 hours to clear, while the area around it would have taken the whole week).

While I was looking it up I found that apparently they had added a /fill command that I did not know about. Essentially, what would have taken all week ended up taking about 30 minutes to clear... unreal!!

I've built Camden Yards and the Ravens Stadium with my two kids. I know how time consuming it is. Mine didn't look nearly as good as yours. Just wondering why you didn't start with a flat world?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Munson said:

I've built Camden Yards and the Ravens Stadium with my two kids. I know how time consuming it is. Mine didn't look nearly as good as yours. Just wondering why you didn't start with a flat world?

I'm playing on a server with my 2 brothers and when we're all on together we play normal MC. Plus I am going to build more things than just OPACY, some of which may involve mountainous areas!

Busy work week this week but I'm back at it.

Just started on some seating in CF and right-CF plus added the grounds crew area, and a walkway leading to Nicole's office on the RF line.

• Upvote 1