Funny you should make this thread, I hadn't been into the music forum for a while and decided to see if there were any new posts, and I seem to always be responding to yours. I'm listening to "Marching Bands of Manhattan" by DCFC, actually.

Funny you should make this thread, I hadn't been into the music forum for a while and decided to see if there were any new posts, and I seem to always be responding to yours. I'm listening to "Marching Bands of Manhattan" by DCFC, actually.

You're so emo. :o

Ahh let's go through the next 10 songs that come up on itunes. We did this before...I love it every time though haha.

1. Cream - Outside Woman Blues

2. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

3. Saved By the Bell Theme Song

4. Lewis Black (comedian, for those who don't know) - Bringing Democracy to Iraq

5. Iggy and the Stooges - Search and Destroy

6. The Soggy Bottom Boys - I am a Man of Constant Sorrow

7. Rod Stewart - Maggie May

8. The Beatles - For No One

9. Nirvana - Lithium

10. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

I'm listening to Our Lady Peace's live album. The current song is "Superman's Dead." It brings back memories of seeing them perform that one at HFStival 2002.

I'm listening to Blink 182 - "All the small things" on the radio station in my office.

I've been listening to a lot of Left of Center on Sirius radio. I'm getting tired of the heavy repeats, but they do mix in a lot of good stuff. Bloc Party, StellaStar, Arcade Fire, Bright Eyes, etc...

CD's I've gotten in the past year, thus CD's I've been listening to lately.

Kill The Moonlight - Spoon

Gimme Fiction - Spoon

Los Angeles - X

The Private Press - DJ Shadow

Zoot Allures - Frank Zappa

A Ghost Is Born - Wilco

Being There - Wilco

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Wilco

Summerteeth - Wilco

Deadringer - RJD2

Guero - Beck

American Idiot - Green Day

If You're Feeling Sinister - Belle and Sebastian

Funeral - The Arcade Fire

Fast Cars, Danger, Fire and Knives - Aesop Rock

Arular - MIA

Make Believe - Weezer

Silent Alarm - Bloc Party

Separation Sunday - The Hold Steady

A Healthy Distrust - Sage Francis

Anniemal - Annie

Get Behind Me Satan - White Stripes

LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem

Entertainment! - Gang Of Four

Stereo: The Evolution of Hiprocksoul - 4th Avenue Jones

Desparate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes - TV On The Radio

Allman Bros Live at Fillmore East.

Good stuff!

I just discovered Nick Drake. From a commercial no less. :P I've been listening to Pink Moon on and off for weeks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• There's strange quirks of the BBWAA voting even today that I don't fully grasp.  Like why Scott Rolen got no support.  And then there's the fact that nobody is ever officially excluded, you're always a Vet's Committee candidate as long as you played 10 years.  So who knows what things will look like in 20 or 30 years. Evan Longoria is just tremendously better than Pie Traynor, and Pie Traynor used to sometimes be called the best third baseman of all time. I guess I should really try to remember that "Hall of Fame Standards" aren't really a thing.  All along the Hall has included guys like Ray Schalk and Bill Mazeroski while keeping Alan Trammell and Bert Blyleven waiting for decades.
    • Great player.  Terrible news.  RIP, Wes.
    • The single biggest difference between hitting for the Colorado Rockies and NMSU is the pitching you are facing.  As with every college and high school player ever entering a draft, Gonzales has not been facing major league players.  The numbers he put up, though, were not solely because he was playing in a small park in New Mexico.  At least, there isn't any evidence to support such a claim.  Hitting home runs is not his sole skill.  The smaller dimensions actually detract from doubles and triples, yet he excels in those areas, as well.  Even hit an inside-the-park grand slam.  He makes contact and hits the ball hard all over the ballpark, and runs well.  College career: 89 walks and 79 strikeouts (plus 18 HBP).  Coupled with his high batting average, the guy gets on base.  That is not a park thing.  The altitude is 1300 feet lower than Denver, by the way.  I'm not the one saying "..that the Orioles should never, ever select a player whose home park was a hitters park" …  and if you aren't saying that, what, exactly, are you saying?  The sole argument you have mounted in all of these posts amounts to exactly that, as far as I can see. I can see that I am somehow being unsuccessful in convincing you that your argument is based solely on geography and it is for certain that you aren't convincing me otherwise.  We will obviously remain in disagreement here.  Hey, I'd be real happy with Tork, Martin, or Lacy, as I said earlier.  I also would have no problem with Elias should he make Gonzales our choice at #2, especially if that can somehow help us have some extra money to sign a guy like Nick Bitsko at  #30.  You clearly think that would be a bad move.  I get that.
    • Evan Longoria seems unlikely to make the Hall, unless his career inexplicably ends as strongly as it began. 3 Gold Gloves, 3 All Star appearances, Rookie of the Year, top 11 in MVP voting 4 times. Will probably fall short of 400 homers and 2500 hits (he is at 297/1703 through his age 33 season), played in a small market. He is unlikely to reach that average rWAR of 68, he is currently at 56, and has accrued 4.2 rWAR over his last 2 season. He accrued 27.2 rWAR over his first four seasons (through age 25) and 28.8 in the eight seasons since.  Longoria is a little similar to Andruw Jones minus the highlight reel defense, both burned brightly and looked like sure Hall of Famers at 25 before settling into solid to great regulars for the next 5 years.  The fact that Scott Rolen only got 10 percent of the vote his first year with 70.1 rWAR, 8 Gold Gloves and 7 All Star appearances makes me think that Longoria doesn't have much of a shot unless a Veterans Committee comes along and sweeps him in with guys like Bobby Abreu, Jim Edmonds, and Kenny Lofton who got minimal Hall of Fame votes but meet the historical Hall of Fame standards.
    • No, 1978 is your thing.  I think I'll leave that to you.   Just when you kid don't make it an insult.
    • There a difference between a viable pick and a less risky pick.  If the Orioles are that comfortable with Gonzales despite having less solid information to go on, then pick him.  You can be the best player in the world and still be a 1998 Colorado Rockie.  But if you're trading for that guy you are taking on a lot of risk that he's not really the best guy, he just has gaudy Mile High numbers. When you say "..that the Orioles should never, ever select a player whose home park was a hitters park" you're underselling the case here.  Colorado is a hitter's park.  Fenway is a hitter's park.  Gonzales' hitting environment is twice that of the Rockies.  It's way, way, way beyond any environment that has ever existed in MLB history.  That inherently adds risk to the equation. This is like an NFL team drafting someone who has only played Arena Football. It's plausible he could be really good, but it's very hard to tell because the context is so out of whack.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now