On 5/3/2019 at 12:20 AM, scOtt said:

Dark Side Of The Rainbow... optimized. I've heard this for years. I watched the first ten minutes and don't really see it yet. Probably gets better further in when things get weird. It did sync up perfect when the Wicked Witch (School marm in Kansas...) shows up on screen on her bike. Exactly when Pink burst in all the alarm clocks going off in a clatter. Submitted for your approval...

At the worst it's a FULL soundtrack of Dark Side Of The Moon. 😛

Is Dark Side of the Rainbow the same thing as the Dark Side of Oz?  If so, give it more than ten minutes.  When I saw it, I had the same reaction, not really getting what the big deal was.  But when Dorothy opens the door and it goes from black and white to color right as the cash register sound from Money starts, I thought that was pretty cool and when it started to make sense.  But the most impressive thing to me was that the album plays about 2 and a half times, so the "syncing" keeps going even as the album repeats in different parts of the movie.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:28 AM, scOtt said:

Look at Pete, trying to be Jimi. Isn't he cute!

Mitch Mitchell comes close but wishes he was Keith Moon.

Mitch played with John and Eric and the "other" Keith on bass tho... on the Stones' Cirrrr-CUS. :)

Funny, I was having this discussion the other day about top drummers.  I love Mitchell and think he's fantastic.  Nothing wrong w/ coming close to one of the greatest of all time.

I just introduced my almost-6-year-old daughter to Jimi, so I've been listening to him a lot the last couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Smilin' Joe Fission said:

Is Dark Side of the Rainbow the same thing as the Dark Side of Oz?  If so, give it more than ten minutes.  When I saw it, I had the same reaction, not really getting what the big deal was.  But when Dorothy opens the door and it goes from black and white to color right as the cash register sound from Money starts, I thought that was pretty cool and when it started to make sense.  But the most impressive thing to me was that the album plays about 2 and a half times, so the "syncing" keeps going even as the album repeats in different parts of the movie.

I watched more, maybe 25 minutes. There are some thing that match like the switch from black and white to color and when the WWotW shows up and the alarms clatter. Still... you'd have to be really stoned to think this was a big thing methinks. 😛

5 hours ago, scOtt said:

I watched more, maybe 25 minutes. There are some thing that match like the switch from black and white to color and when the WWotW shows up and the alarms clatter. Still... you'd have to be really stoned to think this was a big thing methinks. 😛

Ha that's why I mentioned once the album starts over and those things still happen that it seems more impressive.  Either way, like you said, worst case is you get to listen to DSOFTM, which is never a bad thing.

The bassline in this song has to be tough to play and sing at the same time. I'm no expert though, as I still have to look at my hands sometimes when I play.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2019 at 3:47 PM, Can_of_corn said:

This is fun.

Why yes, yes it is!

She's kind of like the female version of Dave Wyndorf.

The way she sings that is. Not that she looks like him.

Edited by OsEatAlEast