Speaking of hick towns... Saw an ugly truck drive by, baby blue. Made me think of this. Because a mind is a terrible thing.

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

Saw an ugly truck drive by, baby blue. Made me think of this. Because a mind is a terrible thing...

Drive-By Truckers?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scOtt said:

Speaking of hick towns... Saw an ugly truck drive by, baby blue. Made me think of this. Because a mind is a terrible thing.

Maybe it was Jerry Jeff.

Yea, I used to look forward to Saturdays
When me and my grandpa'd get way
We'd hop in his pickup truck and we'd go to town
We had a couple chores that we had to do
It didn't take long before we were through
Then we'd let the pickup truck just wander around

We'd make a run to the county dump
We'd always wave we saw someone
Grandpa make up a song as we rolled along
To the post office without fail
We get some feed and we'd check out the mail
And we never took the same road twice on the way back home.

I spent a few years out runnin' free
I spent two or three in New York City
And I moved back to Texas tired, hell I'd had enough
I'd go to Luckenbach on Saturdays
Cause Hondo had a way to brighten up my day
He always made me laugh when we rode in his pickup truck
We'd make a run to the county dump
We'd always wave when we saw someone
Hondo'd make up a tale as we rolled along
He'd get some chew and we'd check out the mail
And we never took the same road twice on the way back home

Well I miss grandpa and Hondo too
I really miss the things that used to do
So last week I went out and bought me an old pickup truck
Now me and the kids spend Saturdays
We do fun things in a simple way
We love to start the day with a ride in the pickup truck
We make a run to the county dump
We always wave if we see someone
The kids love to make up a song as we roll along
We get some stamps and we check out the mail
And we never take the same road twice on the way back home
Half the fun's gettin' lost on the way back home

On 12/30/2019 at 5:41 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Have to give Youtube the credit for this one.

One of my favorite bands from 90's britpop.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I admit to having forgotten they had existed.

The whole britpop scene happened so quick there were a lot of good bands that got overlooked and forgotten.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Roughly AA average talent level, wider spread in talent, and at least a few parks where the run context makes Coors Field look like Dodger Stadium.  But it's good to see Pie having success.
    • Rick, you're looking at the Forbes estimated value of the franchise - not the size of their markets. Forbes is famously not very reliable with those things. You're also ignoring Northern Virginia and DC itself as other large, wealthy communities. There's a huge gap between the Nationals and the Orioles.
    • I'm going against most everyone else. I think Detroit will surprise us and take Martin. Our picks; 2. Spencer Torkelson 30. Bryce Jarvis 39. Bobby Miller
    • 1. Austin Martin, 3B/OF, Vanderbilt, Age on draft day: 21 Martin may not be the first overall pick this year, but he’s the best overall prospect due to his combination of performance, athleticism and all-around quickness. There’s some Javy Báez to his hand speed, although unlike the young Báez, Martin rarely strikes out. We haven’t seen a top college prospect this athletic since George Springer in 2011, although before the draft Springer had the two-strike approach of a turnip. Martin punched out barely 10 percent of the time in 2019, and just twice in 69 plate appearances before baseball shut down in March. . He’s going to end up at a skill position — center, third, second, maybe shortstop if his arm is back to normal — and hit for average with developing power. That’s the kind of probability with upside you want at the first overall pick. 2. Spencer Torkelson, 1B, Arizona State, Age: 20 Torkelson hit everyone’s radar in the spring of 2018 when he hit 25 home runs as a freshman to lead all Division I hitters, then hit 7 more on the Cape that summer to finish one off the league lead. Torkelson is extremely strong, hitting for all this power with almost no stride and a two-handed finish that makes his swing almost short by comparison to most power hitters, and while he’s shown some swing-and-miss he’s also been willing to take walks, leading the country this spring before the shutdown. He’s a good enough athlete that he might be able to handle left field, although I’d bet on him spending most of his career at first base. ... but even if he’s a 50 hit/70 power guy in the end, that’s someone who hits fourth and makes a handful of All-Star teams. 3. Asa Lacy, LHP, Texas A&M, Age: 21 Lacy separated himself from the rest of this year’s very strong college pitching... , showing he could hold 93-94 mph deep into games, touching 98 mph, with a plus changeup and above-average slider. Lacy’s got a great starter’s build and his delivery works, with a big step-over stride and good timing. He works well to both sides of the plate, although his command and control are still inconsistent; the ability to reach back for 97-98 mph is great, but his stuff is good enough that he could just hold 92-93 mph all game and probably throw better strikes. If he’d had a full spring, and kept this up, more people would likely see him as a candidate to go 1-1. If there’s a future No. 1 starter in the class, I think it’s him.
  • Popular Contributors