Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/16/2020 at 10:13 PM, scOtt said:

This babe from the Weather Channel?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marny_Stanier

 

And whatever happened to Jill Brown?  That was the girl they always sent off into weather events.  She get lost in a blizzard?

But, I digress.  I'm listening to nature.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why but if I had my choice on what decade to experience as an adult. I think I'd chose the 1970's being that I was only a wee little guy when I actually lived in part of the decade and barely remember it. I can attest that the 80's were a fairly cool time to be a kid. But it was the decade with the advent of maybe ending up on the back of a milk carton if you walked down the wrong street by yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the most forgotten band in history. Even the people who post it to youtube can't be bothered to give credit to "John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band". The poor guys biggest problem was sounding like Bruce Springsteen at the height of Springsteen's popularity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OsEatAlEast said:

Probably the most forgotten band in history. Even the people who post it to youtube can't be bothered to give credit to "John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band". The poor guys biggest problem was sounding like Bruce Springsteen at the height of Springsteen's popularity.

They have 168K monthly listeners on Spotify with three songs over a million plays.  I wouldn't say they are that forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 10:12 PM, OsEatAlEast said:

I don't know why but if I had my choice on what decade to experience as an adult. I think I'd chose the 1970's being that I was only a wee little guy when I actually lived in part of the decade and barely remember it. I can attest that the 80's were a fairly cool time to be a kid. But it was the decade with the advent of maybe ending up on the back of a milk carton if you walked down the wrong street by yourself.

80's kinda sucked. Admittedly more from personal events that happened to me than "the times". But the 70's were much better. I turned 8 in the summer of 1970 and it was a great time to grow up. I have so many wonderful memories I don't even have space here to name. All the music, Evel Knievel, Muhammad Ali fights, Roots, Archie Bunker, the bicentennial, Watergate on the TV in the common area in 5th grade. So many things.

 

Altho I sometimes wish I'd done my childhood/coming of age in the 60's or 50's.

Actually.... I have many many other decades I'd like to have experienced. Clear back thru time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2020 at 10:43 PM, Can_of_corn said:

They have 168K monthly listeners on Spotify with three songs over a million plays.  I wouldn't say they are that forgotten.

Spotify is a great thing! It makes it really easy to discover the artist that did that song I can only remember the title to. Wasn't so easy when you were walking into a record shop in the 80's though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OsEatAlEast said:

Spotify is a great thing! It makes it really easy to discover the artist that did that song I can only remember the title to. Wasn't so easy when you were walking into a record shop in the 80's though.

Spotify is so useful to me I actually pay for it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...