Here's a link to a recent scouting report filed on Trey Mancini by Bernie Pleskoff of FanRag sports. I'm highly intrigued with his report on Mancini's defense in right field. He also grades out Mancini as a 50 and thinks he could develop into an everyday player eventually.

https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/orioles/pleskoff-scouting-report-trey-mancini/

• Upvote 1

Mancini can play defense. He is far from a clank at first base and with additional experience he may be a solid outfielder.

This is the biggest surprise of the write-up for me. Unless I'm forgetting something, I thought scouts considered Mancini a below average first baseman and preferably a DH type. I'm curious to see how he adapts to right field. Playing first, I don't know how his arm plays there. He will also need to take many caroms off the big board in practice to learn how to take that bounce. 

20 hours ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

This is the biggest surprise of the write-up for me. Unless I'm forgetting something, I thought scouts considered Mancini a below average first baseman and preferably a DH type. I'm curious to see how he adapts to right field. Playing first, I don't know how his arm plays there. He will also need to take many caroms off the big board in practice to learn how to take that bounce. 

I agree with you. I haven't caught any of the spring games in which he played right but I was surprised to read that as well. Since Buck was willing to keep him up with the team though, I think that says something about the progress he must be making out there. Should be interesting to see how long they stick with a five-man bench and who goes down if/when that decision is inevitably made.

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Encouraging if he's right about him in the OF. 

He's outstandingly outstanding!  :rolleyes:

Weams already posted this info a few days ago.

22 hours ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

Mancini had worked hard to become an adequate first baseman in the minor leagues. Although most scouts have not seen enough of him in the outfield, the ones that did have suggested he's Mark Trumbo with less of an arm. We'll have to see with more work out there if he can improve that.